Predictions for Sept 29

shygye

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
on the 29. situation will already been improved as it is the second day the new airport operates!

... but many airlines are reducing flights on the 28th. The full flight loads hit on the 29th. :grinyes:

[color:brown]Heavy rains flood runways in Cobra Swamp. Planes divert to Don Muang.[/color] :stirthepo

I keep hearing all sorts of dreadful rumours about the state of the new airport. For example, I heard that the baggage tracking system is not linked to a larger international tracking system (that tracks your bags from, say, LAX to BKK) because the large international airlines cannot and will not make certain payments to local parties. Or the mixed messages about whether you can or cannot catch a taxi at the airport. Or the cracks on the runway that do or do not exist :dunno:

Every time I run into another ex-pat here who is working on the new airport (I don't have any involvement in that project in my job), I try to pick his brain about what is going on, and the stories keep getting more alarming. I met one consultant who is so confident that the problems will persist that he moved his family up from Australia and bought a condo since he expects to be here for years to come. That's voting with your wallet, and it's not exactly a vote of confidence.

IMHO, the authorities should publish and distribute a basic fact sheet about the new airport in Thai and English addressing basic issues such as whether you can catch a taxi at the airport or whether you need to take a 3 KM bus ride to some taxi terminal. The absence of any reliable information and the general absence of transparency is fueling all sorts of stories, and I have no idea what is true and what is not.

Any engineers here working on the new airport. Perhaps they can provide some inside information?

Archived