Predictions for Sept 29

shygye

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've been involved with a bit of the communications. What I can tell you is that all the 'safety of life' comms is in place and working. There are issues but they wont stop that part working. The controllers 'ooooh some are so cute' have been training like crazy ever since they had access to the tower and most likely before that. The ATC simulators at the new airport were not up and running last time I was there but ones at civil aviation in Tung Mahamek are steaming and the classes are going non stop to get the people up to speed.

There will be hitches.

There were some pretty scary ones at CLK, KLIA and ICN, but of course they didn't suffer leaks the way this place does so the gen pop didn't really get to hear about it.

The biggest problem here from the communications side is an issue that affects air travel across the whole country, is gov/business supported and puts at risk the lives of every single person flying in Thai airspace.

Most people I've met have dire predictions about NBIA, most people that I've met that have worked there and know that I have work there speak a little different, not much maybe, but enough.

The third, yes THIRD, runway is under construction, the second terminal work has started, to be sure there is going to be work on going for at least the next 5 if not 10 years, if you have business there then look forward to a rosy future.

When the rail link opens, how on earth are they going to make that last turn?, and you can check in at Mmakkassann it will be almost a pleasurable experience for most I think.

Cheers

M

I'm booked to arrive in Bangkok on 29 Sep, 1:35 pm - if I survive, I'll try to give an early report!

Saw a CNN report last night, but it didn't answer any questions - probably just made the rest of the world wonder whether EVERYONE at the airport will be wearing yellow shirts...

Archived