Coup Declared!

Nervous_Dog

OH FUCK!

No PM: Fourth degree from the military being read on TV - 01:26, September 20, 2006

The fourth decree by the military has been read. It seems to say there will be no new PM. Power will be in the "leader of the reform" (Commander-in-Chief Sondhi). There will be no ministers. Their power will be in the deputy chief of each ministry (we believe this means the permanent minister). They stress it will still be a democracy under the King.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE: 1:29 am Rumours (and I repeat rumours) are swirling about violence in southern Thailand that people from extremists from Malaysia have crossed the border into Thailand. Journalists report that at least 20 people have died. The Thai version is below:

à¹?à¸Âิà¸?à¹?หà¸?ุà¸Âารà¸?à¹?à¸?ุลมุà¸?à¹?à¸?สามà¸?ัà¸?หวัà¸?à¸?ายà¹Âà¸?à¸?ภาà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹? à¹?à¸Âิà¸?à¸Âารà¸?ะà¸?ะà¸Âัà¸?ระหวà¹?าà¸?à¸Âลุà¹?มà¸Âอà¸? ลัà¸?à¸?ิà¸?อาวุà¸?หัวรุà¸?à¹Âรà¸?à¸Âัà¸?à¸Âอà¸? ลัà¸?à¸?าà¸Âมาà¹?ลà¹?à¸?ียà¸?ีà¹?à¸?ยายามà¸?ุà¸Âà¹?à¸?à¹?ายึà¸?สามà¸?ัà¸?หวัà¸?à¸?ายà¹Âà¸?à¸?ภาà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹?à¸?อà¸?à¸?ระà¹?à¸?ศà¹?à¸?ยอัà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?ลสืà¸?à¹?à¸?ืà¹?อà¸?มาà¸?าà¸Âà¸?วามà¹?มà¹?สà¸?à¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?ริà¹?วà¸?à¸Âรุà¸?à¹?à¸?à¸?à¹Âละà¸?ริมà¸?à¸?ล à¸?ูà¹?สืà¹?อà¸?à¹?าวายà¸?าà¸?มาวà¹?าà¸?อà¸?à¸?ีà¹?ยอà¸?à¸?ูà¹?à¹?สียà¸?ีวิà¸?à¹?มà¹?à¸?à¹?ำà¸Âวà¹?า20à¸?à¸? à¸?าà¸?à¹?à¸?à¹?à¸?อีà¸Âรà¹?อยà¸Âวà¹?าà¸?à¸?

hip hip harrrrrrwwwy.

This has been a long time in coming and is about time. I was going to post a "death to Thaksin" after the lastest crackdown on the Thai Nightlife. Thailand is all about it's nightlife. Without it why bother coming? Thaksin's so called strict moral code of ethics applied to only his enemies.

I guess they had have enought of watching Thaksin robbing them blind. Lining his own pockets. And leaving them with egg on their face.

Shit.

This is from the Nation web site

"Statement from the military reformist

The following is the statement from the miliary reform council.

There has been social division like never before. Each side has been trying to conquer another with all possible means and the situation tends to intensify with growing doubts on the administration amid widespread reported corruption.

State units and independent organisations have been politically meddled, not able to deliver their services as specified in the Constitution.

The administration is also usually bordering on "lest majest" actions against the revered King. Despite attempts from social units for compromises, there is no way to end the conflicts.

The revolution body thus needs to seize power. We have no intention to rule but to return the power to the people as soon as possible, to preserve peace and honour the King who is the most revered to all Thais."

When you a system that can change it's constituion at will you'll have a system that can have coups.

No, when you have a coup, then you have the ability to impose the will of those who gain or keep power. I am sure just about every western country has some provisions to suspend their constitutions/charters etc in the event martial law needs to be declared. Most however will not advertise this/these facts. The ability to suspend the constitution has nothing

A Coup will occur anywhere when someonbe gets pissed enough and has the ability to do something about it. The USA, has the ability to change the constitution, it is called the amendment process.

OH, that does make some sense.

Fuck, why did this have to happen a day after I leave? I miss all the good stuff!

Regards,

SD

I have a little bit of experience in this area...not proud of it mind you.

Hmmm...Suadam left Thailand just hours before all this, Nervous Dog just returned... Khun Sanuk is rumored to be out of BKK....hmmm, I am seeing a possible connection here! :)

Archived