Coup Declared!

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thaksin is going to make a speech at the UN... This is going to be FUCKING HILARIOUS!

Yeah... would be great if we had some news channels to watch it!!

:cussing::banghead::yeahthat:

heard on CNN that it is not shurer that Thaksin is allowed anymore to speak on the UN, because it's unclear, that he is still PM.

:doah:

[color:red]Thai army declares nationwide martial law

[/color]

BANGKOK (Reuters) - The Thai army declared martial law nationwide in the early hours of Wednesday after a coup to dismiss Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra, a coup spokesman said in a televised address.

He also ordered all soldiers to report to their barracks and banned troop movements unauthorized by the coup leaders.

continued....

Some thais worry, I was told about this by 5 different thais, family though doesn;t care, they are little people, they'll get stepped on and ignored as usual

Why don't they get on line like the rest of us?

I guess it's the same mentality that puts people like Thaksin in power in the first place - inability to see the big picture.

Give someone up-country a 30 baht visit to the doctor, a free buffalo and a few baht, it all looks pretty rosy.

But on the flip-side, for a lot of people in Thailand dealing with basic day-to-day stuff, such as wondering where the next meal's going to come from, why would you bother seeing the big picture when you have more pressing issues at home ? - Like feeding the family.

My understanding is, the constitution gets suspended, and then new rules sort of drawn up as needed, or the old constitution restored when all is orderly. The idea is that during this time, it takes away any leagal claims the PM could make, siting the constitution, which no longer exists...think I explained that right. Inother words, standard practice. In fact, if martial law were ever declared in the USA, the constitution would be suspended...that is in the protocal for Martial law here as well.

Archived