Coup Declared!

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
never met either of you , if your aisian dude's with a pissing contest about dick size , , LOL , 2 inch v 2 1/2 inch ain't nothing to brag about.... take it to PM , spare us 8 " from your short comings.... :elephant:

Bada :spin: Bing

Spell it right big boy! Not "aisian", "aZian"!! Your spelling is just plain wrong and "Asian" is too damn old skool!

never met either of you ' date=' if your aisian dude's with a pissing contest about dick size , , LOL , 2 inch v 2 1/2 inch ain't nothing to brag about.... take it to PM , spare us 8 " from your short comings.... :elephant:

Bada :spin: Bing[/quote']

Spell it right big boy! Not "aisian", "aZian"!! Your spelling is just plain wrong and "Asian" is too damn old skool!

OK , i'll take that as your not to argue the fact that your sporting a 2 or 2 1/2 leaker.....LOL , HAHA , your such a pisser JJ , love ya !!

Bada :beer: Bing

Sept. 21 (Bloomberg) -- Thai stocks fell to two-month lows before recovering in the first day of trading since a military coup ousted Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra. Shares of Shin Corp., linked to Thaksin, and its units declined. The SET Index dropped 9.99, or 1.4 percent, to 692.57 at the 4:30 p.m. close in Bangkok. The measure slid as much as 4.2 percent to its lowest intraday level since July 21. Military leaders, who seized power on the night of Sept. 19, closed the Stock Exchange of Thailand yesterday. `The initial reaction was kind of a knee-jerk reaction,''said Adithep Vanabriksha, who helps manage $1.6 billion at Aberdeen Asset Management Co. in Bangkok. ``Coups aren't viewed positively in the first instance, at least. Still, we wouldn't recommend investors sell. Valuations are still quite cheap.''The army's seizure of power was the 18th coup in Thailand since the government became a constitutional monarchy in 1932. After the previous coup, in February 1991, the SET tumbled 7.3 percent on the first day of trading before rallying 24 percent in the next two months. `We've seen this before,'' Mark Mobius, who oversees about $30 billion in emerging market equities at Templeton Asset Management, said in an interview from Shanghai. ``If prices come down substantially, we would be buyers.''Shin, which owns Thailand's largest mobile-phone operator, fell 1.75 baht, or 5.7 percent, to 29.25. Thaksin's family sold its stake in the company to a group of investors led by Singapore's state-run Temasek Holdings Pte in January. The family didn't have to pay tax on the $1.9 billion deal, sparking protests and a political crisis that culminated in this

week's coup.

King's Confirmation

King Bhumibol Adulyadej confirmed coup leader Sondhi Boonyarataklin as the head of a new interim government. Military leaders, who dissolved the senate, cabinet and constitutional court, may appoint a new prime minister in two weeks and hold general elections around October 2007. Shin's Advanced Info Service Pcl unit, which is the country's biggest mobile-phone operator, lost 2.50 baht, or 2.7 percent, to 90.50. Shin Satellite Pcl, the country's only satellite operator, plunged 1.20 baht, or 13 percent, to 7.85. ITV Pcl, a television network operator controlled by Shin, tumbled 0.46 baht, or 13 percent, to 2.98.

Out of the Loop'

`People still tend to affiliate Thaksin with Shin but he's out of the loop,'' said Patipat Pattaphongse, director of research at KGI Securities (Thailand) Pcl in Bangkok. ``The sell-off is a little misguided.''About six stocks fell for every one that rose at the exchange, with 43 billion baht ($1.1 billion) changing hands. That was the most since 51 billion baht in shares traded on April 5, the day after Thaksin said he would step down to end a political crisis. The SET rose 3.1 percent that day. PTT Pcl, the country's biggest publicly traded company and its largest energy provider, fell 6 baht, or 2.8 percent, to 212. PTT Exploration & Production Pcl, the second-biggest listed company and its largest explorer, dropped 2 baht, or 1.9 percent, to 105. The two stocks accounted for 33 percent of the SET's decline. Italian-Thai Development Pcl, the No. 1 construction company, tumbled 0.95 baht, or 14 percent, to 6.

Ucertainty Removed'

Further declines may be limited because the coup helped resolve a political deadlock, analysts said. The end of the stalemate will enable an interim government to quickly draft a new government budget, central bank Governor Pridiyathorn Devakula said. `Political volatility, including coups, are nothing new for Thailand,'' Merrill Lynch & Co.'s strategists Spencer White, Willie Chan and Stephen A. Corry said in a note to investors dated yesterday. ``This time investors should be encouraged by the fact that the uncertainty surrounding Thaksin's tenure has been removed.'' Merrill Lynch kept its ``overweight'' rating on Thai stocks. Siam Cement Pcl, the country's biggest cement and petrochemical company, rose 2 baht, or 0.8 percent, to 244, after losing up to 2.5 percent in early trading. Bangkok Bank Pcl, the No. 1 lender by assets, added 1 baht, or 0.9 percent, to 114, after falling as much 2.7 percent. Banks as a group gained 0.8 percent, one of two industry indexes advancing within the SET. The SET is valued at 10.5 times estimated earnings, the least among benchmarks for 14 regional markets tracked by Bloomberg.

``This provides a tactical buying opportunity,''

Christopher Wood, global equities strategist at CLSA Ltd. in Jakarta, wrote in a report published yesterday. Wood recommended investors buy more Thai stocks and suggested the coup will help resolve a political standoff that hurt the economy. Elsewhere Bangkok Metro Pcl, operator of the capital's subway, plunged 0.06 baht, or 4.6 percent, to 1.25. The stock is the first to debut after the coup. The company earlier this month raised 3.6 billion baht in its initial public offering.

Blah, blah, blah..... Jjsushi, I hope I never have to have a beer with u coz u must be the most boring person out there.

I haven't followed up on what's happened in the markets but I would have said "not much". They seem to be getting used to shocks, don't fall as much as they used to and, if they do, they bounce back very quickly. Everyone's thinking about the same opportunities rather than being scared.

Nice to know though that a 1.4% movement gets old JJ excited. :D

(A 50% drop in the number of items of clothing worn by Nana gogo dancers is what it'd take with me. :cool: )

Blah, blah, blah..... Jjsushi, I hope I never have to have a beer with u coz u must be the most boring person out there.

Trust me homey the meeting between us would never happen. Your choice of beverage is a deal killer. I simply can't stand beer. It is a boring commoners drink that reminds me of piss(especially when it is warm).

Sure I will imbibe if there is nothing else available and I must be social but I tend to avoid it because all it really accomplishes is making me feel bloated and visiting the urinal every 15min.

I enjoy wine and spirits of which vodka shots and single malts neat are my preferences.

As far as being boring well u should know by now once I mention my penis, I command everyones attention!!! :elephant::elephant::elephant:

I haven't followed up on what's happened in the markets but I would have said "not much". They seem to be getting used to shocks, don't fall as much as they used to and, if they do, they bounce back very quickly. Everyone's thinking about the same opportunities rather than being scared.

Nice to know though that a 1.4% movement gets old JJ excited. :D

Aahh! A nice way to view it, u don't see huge macro market movements these days, knne jerk reactions are recovered quickly and new trading levels are quickly established, so institutional players have to make larger bets and for a recently normally stable currency to move 1-2% in a day is huge especially if ur leveraged(imagine u were on teh wrong side of the bet). Which is my certain self professed local experts here need to place things in context instead of pooh-poohing.

Sort of like a guy saying "oh that's just a little herpes u have on ur dick, simplex-1 actually, it's not much and u won't even notice it" well to the guy who has never had herpes it is a big fucking deal!

I think I am achieving a new standard here with every time I refer to the penis in a post!! :elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

Archived