Coup Declared!

Nervous_Dog

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k. I propose you both, (JJ and Gummi) and maybe Gadfly as well, give a definition and explanation of Leveraged money, and how to profit from ii on a small slide of 1.4% (or what ever). Also explain contracts etc. The best explanation/easiest for us simple guys to understand will have the biggest dick!

Additionally, the winner will get to have a drink with me in Bangkok, or mutually agreed upon city. The loser will get to have 3 drinks with me. Now this is incentive, get writing!

ONLY ONE QUESTION HERE:

Why will it take until October 2007 for democratic elections, if there is already one scheduled for November 2006?

(Subquestion:) What will the be doing with the power during the next 13 months????

The constitution has been torn up; the constitutional court suspended. It takes a while for a constitution to be drafted, apparently.

Independent bodies like the election commission, anti-corruption commission, auditor-general's office etc had been stacked with trt-yes(wo)men. It takes a while to restaff these organisations, and to figure out their roles under the new constitution.

trt will likely be disbanded, but what parties will rise from the ashes? Can't run much of an election with just one party (democrats).

Also, millions of bangkokians want their pictures taken with tanks, guns, soldiers. It takes a while to process the crowds...

I hope the Military does not like its power too much , or too long

To make Thailand look good to the rest of the world the military needs to step down ASAP , set up a civilian government and set elections within a few months ,

right now they are talking about 1 year befiore elections , I think too far from now,

OC

I guess the delay is to do with weeding out Thai Rak Thai, breaking down that whole network and structure. I don't see that happening in just a year, unless of course there's a public flogging and humiliation of Taksin and a few of the cronies.

A nice peacful coup that evryone welcomes initially needs to bask in the glow of its sucees!

As coups go it was a very civilised way to go about having one.A perfectly executed plan. That yellow ribbon looks so cool with the olive gey uniforms,red roses on the tanks, 10/10 for style and co-ordination.

A nice peacful coup that evryone welcomes initially needs to bask in the glow of its sucees!

:hubba:

jp

Latest word I've got has now been corroborated by The Nation, which is that the Governor of BOT (Bank of Thailand) MR Pridiyathorn Devakula is flying back from IMF meeting to become the interim PM.

Military has announced a civilian government will be installed in two weeks, and following martial law the constitution will be revised :up: :up: I am glad that did not scrap it because honestly IMHO having read it several times the 1997 Constitution in and of itself is not too bad of a document.

It has just been abused beyond all recognition :eek:

Down in Banglamphu today you've got soldiers all around Democracy Monument locked and loaded, tanks around Parliament and government house... Towards the BMA shops are all shuttered and things generally very quiet. Last night was much more tense and aggressive around government house.

BMA itself is closed as are all banks. The big baht fall is the story I'm thinking of these days.. How low will it go?? anyone wanna place a bet.. Thai journo kids are all parked around the area looking to sell a pic to AP or Reuters.

I'm just dreading the baht crash. Its gonna hurt a little bit :doah:

Cheers,

theNumbers

Interesting this one, if the Military are going to install a prime-minister & cabinet selected by themselves, does that make it a puppet regime? Would the military still be calling the shots?

If this is the case then democracy is dead in LOS.

Archived