Coup Declared!

Nervous_Dog

The coups previously generally did't satisfy the need for long term electoral reform, when a good reform constitition attempt was made, Taksin came along and deliberatly undermined it to build his own personal dictaorship.

The present and future for Thailand is very much based on the Royal Family and its ability to maintain a very steadying hand, this the King has done consistantly. We will move into unchartered waters when the next generation of Royals take the lead.

JP

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
<>

Your talking about your dick again aren;t you?

Ab-so-fucking-lutely!!!

Seems a good coup can't even move things much these days, still too much capital out there willing to assume the risk.

War in Iraq, heightened volatility and instability in the Mideast, fluctuating oil prices, The US President mocked by Chavez and everything is being linked to terrorism or the fight against terrorism.

Looks like the markets don't give a shit, everything is looked @ as a buying opportunity.

Unlike the good old days when the tech bubble popped huge amounts of wealth were destroyed and the Fed was raising rates every meeting.

Guys were ducking and covering their asses not wanting to be the high bid for anything. A veritable buyers market. Toaday everyone is chasing the same trades with huge amounts of capital to be put to work but not enough product to buy.

:topic: slighty.

saw part of an interview on TV last Night by the Pakistan President which is due to be aired in the USA soon.

in it he claimed that a member off the Bush Administration threatened to attack Pakistan and 'send them back to the stone age' if they did not support America in the war against terrorism in the aftermath of 9/11.

yet Yesterday he held a press conference alongside Bush and said he could not talk about the matter,but it is all in his book.

either he is trying to drum up sales or Bush and his cronies have told him to shut the fuck up.

And u should attempt to utilize credible arguments instead of basesless criticise

You are just too ignorant/arrogant to see valid comments.

As for baseless criticism... What are they?

Leveraging? Why don't you put it in perspective.

Your words: "to make larger bets and for a recently normally stable currency to move 1-2% in a day is huge especially"

Let's see HOW huge. Average change is 0.20-0.23% with a stdev of 0.30%.

Okay, on average, they will lose or gain on an average movement of 0.20%. So what happened in this "crises"? a 1.40% movement. So they lost or gained a bit over what they would do in a little over a week.

In perspective, would you call a paycheck of 6 or 7 extra days "HUGE"? Nice yes, Huge? Give it a REST!

Heres some more of your 'ideas': liquidity is always tested in crisis.

WHERE was it tested? Hello? Anyone home!

Or is this just more of your unsubstantiated BS that you pound on our poor ears to sound edumacated?

<>

And u should attempt to utilize credible arguments instead of basesless criticise

You are just too ignorant/arrogant to see valid comments.

As for baseless criticism... What are they?

Leveraging? Why don't you put it in perspective.

Your words: "to make larger bets and for a recently normally stable currency to move 1-2% in a day is huge especially"

Let's see HOW huge. Average change is 0.20-0.23% with a stdev of 0.30%.

Okay' date=' on average, they will lose or gain on an average movement of 0.20%. So what happened in this "crises"? a 1.40% movement. So they lost or gained a bit over what they would do in a little over a week.

In perspective, would you call a paycheck of 6 or 7 extra days "HUGE"? Nice yes, Huge? Give it a REST!

Heres some more of your 'ideas': liquidity is always tested in crisis.

WHERE was it tested? Hello? Anyone home!

Or is this just more of your unsubstantiated BS that you pound on our poor ears to sound edumacated?

<>[/quote']

Dude ur incessant drivel ceases to amaze me. You have yet to say anything of substance or consequence. All u keep doing in a very unintelligent way is continue to disagree with me. Yet u add nothing of value nor are u making coherent arguments.

Tell me does ur dick get hard when u read my posts and sputter in incredulous outrage? I TOLD U I DIDN"T WANT TO GO THROUGH A FINANCIAL DICK MEASURING COMPETITION WITH YOU. You have a penchant for this type of behavior anytime u disagree with someone on financial matters.

Clearly ur ego is bruised in some way, although I don't know why. Must be the JJsushi affect! After all I do have a rather larger penis.The kinf u have to hold with two hands in order to take a piss. LOL!!!

How long are we going to go through this dance of ur weak atttempts to antagonize me? You keep insulting me with nothing of substance, I insult u back in retaliation, the mods will have a "What shall we do with JJsushi, he is disrupting the board?" discussion. I will get a message from Khun Sanuk who already does not care for me saying this is my 5th, 12th strike or whatever and then I will be banned. You, we all know u will be fine because ur "special", your "ensconced".

Is this ur angle homeboy?

:elephant::elephant::elephant:

I am still waiting for a full explanation of all the financial terms mentioned/thrown about here. The best explaination, in simple terms (as in those us simpletons will understand) will indeed have the biggest dick, or be the biggest dick, which ever you both prefer. So once and for all, a simple explanation from you both.

Gadfly,

Will you kindly stand by to assist with the judging? Thank you.

I am still waiting for a full explanation of all the financial terms mentioned/thrown about here. The best explaination, in simple terms (as in those us simpletons will understand) will indeed have the biggest dick, or be the biggest dick, which ever you both prefer. So once and for all, a simple explanation from you both.

Gadfly,

Will you kindly stand by to assist with the judging? Thank you.

LOL!! OH, Gummi is insinuating that many of u are not intelligent enough to understand common financial jargon. That your all too simpleminded and unsophisticated. He has some sort of inferiority complex, I guess. I think in his era high finance was a thing for those who considered themselves the elite, above the average wage earner.

Simply because u ask the questions disproves his insinuation. An inquisitive mind is a learning mind.

just google hedge fund or better yet go to

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedge_fund

which is a very comprehensive writeup.

I point u towards Hedge funds because they are currently the drivers of the financial markets and the largest and most profitable customers of Wall st banks/broker dealers. They do what the average mutual fund/pensionfund/insurance manager does not do- they trade frequently and generate huge commissions and fees.

To understand the power of leverage just look @ the recent $6bln loss of Amaranth which was probably levered 5 to 1(the other side of the coin is the manager of the natural gas unit that just blew them up made about $80MM last year on profits of $800MM).

If u want to see a classic example of how bad it can really get look @ the failure of Long Term Capital a few years ago those guys were leveraged about 25 to 1. Greenspan had to intervene on their behalf because the shock on the US fincial system would have been disastrous if he didn't.

So when I say that a 1.5% move is very significant depending on the type of bet u make, given that the baht has been a stable currency for a few years now. Leveraged money combined with a destabilizing event can be a bad or good thing depending on ur bet. You see I add perspective that differs from an uninformed myopic view of markets.

If u have a brokerage account then u should be able to understand leverage better if u trade on margin

If Gummi insists that the baht move is insignificant then I guess he has never been on the side of a losing trade, especially in the current unpredictable market where such an unpredictable currency move could make or break a funds year(u may have money in a hedge fund through a fund of funds and not even know it).

Let him have his opinion and continue to spew his garbage because I can really give a shit.

Hopes this helps u a bit

So when I say that a 1.5% move is very significant depending on the type of bet u make, given that the baht has been a stable currency for a few years now...

If Gummi insists that the baht move is insignificant...

Hopes this helps u a bit

I have seen the baht bounce between 42 and 36 over the last two years.

Q: with this much change, can you still say it is a stable currency?

(for me, I say no, not so stable).

As to the 1.5% move, for me, a small money trader (my $$$ > Baht), this move is squat.

Now if it moves back to 42 Baht... :yeahthat:

I am a happy camper! so just a matter of prospective on how much of a change 1.5% is.

Archived