New visa rules confirmed

Old Hippie

my very big confusion is, is it still possible

after the 1. Oct. to show 400'000 Baht when i'm get married after the 1. Oct. or not.

No

on thaivisa-forum Sunbelt write follow:

"

Just left Bangkok Immigration. They confirmed it's still the case and will remain the case, no new applications will be accepted with the foreigners simply having 400K in the bank. If you are grandfathered meaning "the said foreign national has entered Thailand before this Order is enforced and the foreign national has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom by the result of having married to a Thai wife" then this does not applied.

Its confusion and maybe not correct..

What is the confusion? You need the income criteria.

My BIG question is, after i get marry around the end of this year, can i show the 400'000 Baht on bank account to geht the visa or is just an income from 40'000 per month allowed in the future.

Should be no confusion on your part. You are getting married after October 1st. Income criteria only. No matter how much money you have in the bank unless it gives you over 40,000 Baht a month in interest, will count towards the extension of stay based on marriage.

These unclear thing makes me going really crazy

because i'm not able to show 40'000 Baht income per month when i stay in Thailand.

The bank account 4000'000 Baht would be not a problem for me.

Your wife can show the income, tax will be around 2,200 Baht per month. You can show the income as well if you get it from outside Thailand.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

noticed when i entered LOS this morning, that for the first time i got in the passport with the usual stamp a entry in visa class "phor Phueng 30" (30 days on arrival)which the officer marked with a green light pen

looks somehow that they are going to be serious about that!

â??[Foreigners from countries qualifying for visas on arrival] can come in and out of the country as many times as they like with a visa on arrival, but can stay for a maximum of 90 days in any six month period. If they stay 90 days then they must leave for 90 days before they are entitled to another visa on arrival. They can, however, go and request a tourist visa from a Royal Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad and come back into the country,â? he said.

I said it before when the first rumors about that new "law" started.

they have absolutely no interest in having less tourists crossing the boarders. The only reason to do this is to stop farang people from working illegally (stealing taxes) and make boarder runs.

In a period of 180 days you are allowed to stay 90 days. If you wish to return sooner all you have to do is to go to your local embassy and ask for permission to re-enter, the visa will be granted if you are living in a Schengen State (or other similar "established" countries) and if you have never re-entered the country from a neighbour contry such as cambodia more than twice!

I know that straight from my Dad who plays in the same Old Mens Tennis Team than one of the embassadors in our town (Karlsruhe)

It stops visa runs, not much more! Only stupid for those who have to travel far to go to the embassy!

Ah this explains why my entry stamp was marked up with a green marker. I asked other passengers, who were on my flight, if theirs were marked up and everyone said no. I just thought she'd taken a liking to me and she was hinting that she wanted me to stay longer. :) Damn I guess I am not so special after all.

The last time I entered Thailand was early June for 14 days and this time for just 16 days. I guess they use the green marker if you've had more than one entry within 180 days. :smirk:

I just did a visa run to Poi Pet, Cambodia yesterday. Came back into Thailand, nothing different. If anything, I would expect that they are tracking the length of stay within their computer system. After a few trips, one's passport is difficult to determine anything. They stamp here, there and everywhere!

In the past, they have noted what flight you come in on, this time since I was one the bus, they noted that and it looks like a "0"???

Archived