New visa rules confirmed

Old Hippie

Re response by ThaiHome suggesting a multi entry tourist visa with a 6 month validity. I went back to the Thai Consulate web site based in Vancouver and I can't find any reference to a multi entry 60 day tourist visa. From the Phuket Gazette article above, I thought that 'double entry' tourist visas meant two separate applications, the 2nd after the first was completed. The only multi entry visa noted on the Consulate web site was for a 'Non-Immigrant Visa'. Comments or clarification on the above appreciated. Thanks,

Did you actually read the web Site ?

TH

You can also apply for a double or triple-entry tourist visa at our Consulate. A double entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for a total of 4 months, and a triple-entry visa allows you to stay in Thailand for up to 6 months. However, each entry permit is only valid for 2 months. Accordingly, you must leave Thailand every 2 months and re-enter the country. Your return to the country (which can be the same day as your exit) will subsequently activate your next tourist visa, which is then valid for up to two months.

For both double and triple-entry visas, you must use the last visa within six months from the date of the first visa's issue. For example, if your original double/triple entry visa was issued on 1 January, you must use all entries of your visa by 30 June of the same year.

Note, double entry and triple entry are more than one entry, hence could be called "multi" entry.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of course I read the web site. For some reason the information referred to above is not shown under 'Travel Visas' which I thought would detail everything I needed to know. The info on double and triple entry visas is shown under a general FAQ page. I should have looked at the FAQ page as well, but my enquiry does not stem from lack of effort. Thanks for pointing out that page where the info is located.

I'd be interested to hear whether the immigration officers...

1. Have started counting visa stamps in passports, and/or

2. Have "warned" border runners about their maximum stay of 90 days/need to leave Thailand at the end of December 2006...

Any confirmation about the new visa rules, esp.

VOA? Come on, it's October 2, there have to be trip reports...

:shocked:

• 2 weeks later...

Under the new rules the 400'000 deposit is no longer accepted to get a 'O' visa (except you have one before 1. Oct. 2006.) They want to see only a monthly income from min. 40'000 Baht per month.

all this new Visa rules brings me, under 50 years daily a bit more to a nervous breakdown. :doah::doah::confused:

Here is my border run to burma...

I had a tourst visa that because they don't issue any more 30 day extensions, i had to go in order to get 30 days..

I will be returning to america within 30 days to get another multi-entry tourist visa...

What they write at the stamp is a big number 1. I guess this is fine if one is going to do three consecutive border runs. It becomes more complex for them if one leaves the country and come back on another visa and when that peson elcts to use # 2 if within six months. If after six months, it becomes number one again and not number 2 and the border guy will need to count days. You will need to stay on top of things so they don't number it incorrectly...

CB

Do you mean the marriage visa? That requires 400,000 baht in the bank. The retirement is 800,000 baht. Mr T doubled all of the amounts, the rich bastard. :(

my very big confusion is, is it still possible

after the 1. Oct. to show 400'000 Baht when i'm get married after the 1. Oct. or not.

on thaivisa-forum Sunbelt write follow:

[color:red]"

Just left Bangkok Immigration. They confirmed it's still the case and will remain the case, no new applications will be accepted with the foreigners simply having 400K in the bank. If you are grandfathered meaning "the said foreign national has entered Thailand before this Order is enforced and the foreign national has been permitted to stay in the Kingdom by the result of having married to a Thai wife" then this does not applied. [/color]

Its confusion and maybe not correct.

My BIG question is, after i get marry around the end of this year, can i show the 400'000 Baht on bank account to geht the visa or is just an income from 40'000 per month allowed in the future.

These unclear thing makes me going really crazy

because i'm not able to show 40'000 Baht income per month when i stay in Thailand.

The bank account 4000'000 Baht would be not a problem for me.

:help:

Archived