US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup

cavanami

Hey TC,

At least Thailand and Texas have something in common; texas is about the same size geographically as Thailand...

I didn't know Isaan has replaced Idaho for alternative thinkers but i think they were called something different 20 some years ago..

Can you share any further info; big brother wants to know...

Remember in cyberspace or on Interstate 10, if you don't know the way, any road will get you there...

CB

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my 2nd response to a surly (sp? ??) well intended post.

THREAD TOPIC:

US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup

not a daffyn-nation of rich.

the initial post regarded hegemony thrugh financial control.. granted it is better to withhold financial aid to the poor than to randomly bomb the poor.

chocolate mousse is rich & lots of it would demonstrate richness & could produce a riches of smiles.

not sure what I think of the coup but I generally like coupes.

to keep the thread focused .. a coupe filled with chocolate mousse & creaming BGs would certainly be rich.

not sure who ( or is it whom?) hijacked the thread but it was not this attention deficit educationally distitute cracker.

who else has a yellow wrist band?

lub mine tu mutt.

& MBK now has knock-off yellow bands on the 3rd floor

>NOT, joking< .. don't want to confuse the blatently rich amongst us those that insist only on highest quality demonstrations of richness, such as only original quality plastic yellow wrist bands.

Problem is the USA just prints up more $$$, so sure, they have more, but "junk" money...

NOTE: The USA has 177 times more debt than Thailand.

Lending is done based on one's assets. USA's biggest asset is the ability to tax. The assets of the US are pretty dang large as well.

The reason the US's debt is sustained is because there IS no other economy like the US.

Unfortunately I do agree as Bush continues to rack up the deficit with this wacky war on top of poor fiscal policy, the US is losing it's economic edge and the world will have some sort of slowdown when the US does tighten its belt to pay down what it has borrowed :(

<>

I have been chatting in this thread and then I got to the point of what the hey is this about? who posted this thread...ohhhh, it was me!

I was mostly interested in what type of aid and how much was the USA giving to Thailand, but doing a few googles, never found much.

I did find that the USA carries 177 times more external debt then Thailand has.

Using my simple econ...Thailand is richer.

yeah, yaeh, yeah, I know...but like way beack when, my prof told me...figures don't lie but liars do figure...you can prove any point if you squeeze the numbers around.

sooooo...does anyone know exactly what aid the USA gives to Thailand? cash? products?

Archived