US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup

cavanami

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As usual it's all rhetoric....get in shape, roll over, comply, let us abuse your country....or else....Thailand has been another ally of the US, the US allowing Thaksin to obviously abuse the democracy, as the US gets another country it can abuse in many ways.

Interesting news item today about how the US threatened to bomb Pakistan back to the stone age, if it didn't help with the 'war' on terror, or in other words, let us use your country please, to do as we want...or else.

I guess the Bush administration/dictatorship is worried it wont have a staging post in SE Asia...or that the trade agreement (read US companies can flood Thailand with poor products, abuse the market, make vast profit etc) is in jeopardy...they had Thaksin by the balls...they must have known how corrupt he is/was...but never said a word...typical of Bush and his cronies...no morals and ethics....and they claim to be religious.....ha!

Z,

I think you are over-stepping your knowledge of the situation. You say the US allows The PM to abuse thailand democracy. How is that? Do they act as TRT's big brother? Why should they interfere as you suggest they have no morals yet in the same paragraph you criticize them for saying they are going to take action against another country because they don't comply/agree with their policies and processes.

Which is it? Is the US the agressor against a country like Pakinstan with those remarks but then get blamed because Taksin abused the democratic process in LOS and the US in your criticism should have interfered in this particular case? Why should they be the ones to always bail other countries out of their own miseries and own mistakes? Why not blame Australia, Western Europe, or West Africa?

Your remarks are similar to having one's cake and eat it too. "Damn if i do and damn if i don't" can be presented based on your arguments...

The king of the mountain is always the one with the greatest exposre and the biggest target to shoot arrows whether warranted or not...

CB

It would be interesting to know what type of aid and percentages US Gov is sending...

But the comment about "Thailand having more money ($$$) than the USA" is probably the single most erroneous statement I think I have ever read on this site...

CB

USA Cash - Spending - Trade Deficit = - $$$

USA Social Security? Medicare? any money in there for those who retire in 5 years? 10 years? I say not.

Thai Cash - Spending + Trade Deficit = + $$$

Pretty simple math.

Why does it have to be difficult?

Thai baht going up...dollar going down, simple.

US debt going up...Thailand, little if no debt.

Thailand trades rice for trains...USA sends $$$ for Chinese clothes...which country really needs help?

The one with zero/little debt or the one with the HUGE/ever increasing debt, as in out of control???

Z,

I think you are over-stepping your knowledge of the situation. You say the US allows The PM to abuse thailand democracy. How is that? Do they act as TRT's big brother? Why should they interfere as you suggest they have no morals yet in the same paragraph you criticize them for saying they are going to take action against another country because they don't comply/agree with their policies and processes.

Which is it? Is the US the agressor against a country like Pakinstan with those remarks but then get blamed because Taksin abused the democratic process in LOS and the US in your criticism should have interfered in this particular case? Why should they be the ones to always bail other countries out of their own miseries and own mistakes? Why not blame Australia, Western Europe, or West Africa?

Your remarks are similar to having one's cake and eat it too. "Damn if i do and damn if i don't" can be presented based on your arguments...

The king of the mountain is always the one with the greatest exposre and the biggest target to shoot arrows whether warranted or not...

CB

CB,

I'm a little confused as to why you are confused....it all seems obvious to me, why not to you? The USA is guilty of hypocrisy in it's dealings globally....for example it uses Pakistan, a military dictatorship, without democracy, but calls it an ally...when Bush week in, week out, spouts rhetoric about bringing democracy to the world, the importance of democracy etc, as a justification for his war on terror/iraq.

Thailand is another country the USA calls an ally. It now has a military dictatorship. It also receives money from the USA (as does Pakistan)... now they threaten to stop future aid/spending. Based on what argument? There is no point to there diatribe....is there? Maybe there is if you look a little deeper...

Is it clearer now? I assume you are Amerian btw?

{quote]

So can we "out source off shore" and have Sondhi (the Thai Generel) come and stage a coup here and get rid of Bush? PLEASE!

The word is out that many would like to see Old Hippie put on his uniform and become our SUPREME COMMANDER. I have already 17 people who will follow you. If each one of them can command 17 others under them, etc., etc. it won't take long (maybe 10 - 15 minutes) for 10 - 20 rag tailed divisions can be formed - ready to serve under your Supreme Command.

The government can be toppled in 15 - 20 minutes and new statues of you can be erected in every city square. The people long for the old hippie days and way of life. We hail your return old great one.

Please give us the order, we waill march at your command.

[color:blue]We hear and obey.

Archived