US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup

cavanami

"I'm a little confused as to why you are confused....it all seems obvious to me, why not to you? The USA is guilty of hypocrisy in it's dealings globally....for example it uses Pakistan, a military dictatorship, without democracy, but calls it an ally...when Bush week in, week out, spouts rhetoric about bringing democracy to the world, the importance of democracy etc, as a justification for his war on terror/iraq.

Thailand is another country the USA calls an ally. It now has a military dictatorship. It also receives money from the USA (as does Pakistan)... now they threaten to stop future aid/spending. Based on what argument? There is no point to there diatribe....is there? Maybe there is if you look a little deeper...

Is it clearer now? I assume you are Amerian btw?"

The US is a Republic. Children when they start school are taught and each day they recite their alleigance to the flag and to the Republic.

Republic is very rarely used today in the US even though it is a Republic. What we hear is rhetoric about democracy and freedom. We do not have a democracy nor do we have freedom. We have a Republic.

If you claim we have democracy, tell me one law we cast a vote for?

If you say we have freedom, stand up in a theatre and yell fire when their isn't a fire. After your ass heals up from getting your ass beaten, you should realize we do not have freedom.

Or better yet, buy your Cuban cigars in Thailand and declare them as you go thru US Customs. Insist, being a free citizen, that you are going to keep your cigars.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chavez was not that wrong with his "devil in disguise)

OOPS now I will not be allowed in the US anymore...

It's ok BJ . Hugo is like a Florida Fire Ant , they will fuck with anyone , knowing if they don't , they will get squashed,,, :cool: And that midgit from Iran , can someone please buy him a tie , and teach him how to properly wear it... :o

Bada :beer: Bing

Why does it have to be difficult

WHY? Because it is...

Do you know' date=' California, on its own, would be the 5th largest ecconomy, if it was its own country?

Your comparing and ice cube, to a glacier. Which has the most water.[/quote']

My poinr is, why give "ice to the eskimos"?

The Thai economy is better than the economy in the USA.

Is the economy so good in CA? Is CA mostly going broke on everything? Are there enough illegals in CA or do they need more there?

I say, time for the USA to come home, circle the wagons and fix things in the USA backyard. Too much run here (Iraq) and then get in a pile of sh^t.

How about fixing things in New Orleans? How about bringing the troops home and secure the USA borders? or collect all the illegals and kick them out...the list is endless, but as the OP states,

US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup.

I say, stop the aid and apply it at home!

...by the way, does anyone know exactly what the "aid" consists of?

Cardinal & BangkokT, you are wasting your time arguing with the America-bashers. Their insults are all based on emotion and ignorance, and they wouldn't know, much less acknowledge, a fact, if it bit them on the butt -- pretty much like the Islamic terrorists, whose only knowledge of America is that they have fallen for the propaganda that it is the Great Satan (whatever that means). Rather than blame themselves, and their own governments, for their poverty, and miserable existences, they blame someone else, who has nothing at all to do with it, and America is always a popular target. Poor people are always jealous of rich people.

Repeat a lie often enough, and it becomes the truth, to those who are incapable of rational thought. If the bashers don't have facts on their side, which is usually the case, then they pathetically resort to using childish derogatory insults instead (along the lines of Sillypore and WinDoze).

As we were taught in law school, if the law is against you, then argue the facts. If the facts are against you, then argue the law. If both the law and facts are against you, then just argue like hell.

As far as the US "reviewing" aid to Thailand goes, that is simply a nebulous political term meaning that nothing will be done, unless the situation gets totally out of control, which is unlikely.

Following your flawed logic as well as which factors you chose to say that LOS has more money than the US, then i guess your Thai GF/wife/BG is fully supporting you? At least Your inductive way of thinking does lend itself to support my beliefs that other factors drive Thai girls and boys in prostitution and its not a money thing...

I will assumed you have never stepped foot on american soil.... If LOS has more money than the number one ranked country economically in the world, then it assuredly has more money than your country as well....

So what should i make of those Thai comments, rich and poor, who say "we are poor/a poor country". I hear them over and over again. Are they lying to us behind those smiles?

Better yet, maybe we could send some of those sound financial principles that you state (great recovery for a country who had a complete financial collaspe less than ten years ago) to cover the cost of my students' books and uniforms. They don't seem to have enough money (under a 1000 baht a year) for them. I guess you don't measure wealth by per capita..

With all those sound financial factors you quote, maybe you could compile a list of Thai NGOs who are spreading their wealth and good deeds around the world. Can you name one?

Or is too much money needed back in LOS to build walls and security gates for people's homes who actually do have money to keep out the masses who don't? I wonder why that is? It can't be that a Thai family or two is hording all the money because not a single Thai name will be found in the top 50 richest people in the world...

CB

"...As we were taught in law school..."

Maybe the single biggest problem here, too many lawyers and too many laws we don't enforce. When one law isn't enforced, we just write up more laws...

The other problems I see here (USA) is that we are run by politicians rather than by government, there is indeed a difference. Politicians are more interested in appeasing people to further their personnal gain. Government just runs the country. (In theory anyway).

As for the rant about cutting off all aid, bringing home troops to fix the USA, I see a lot of merit to that. This country is falling apart fast, and we do need to fix it fast.

As for who has more money/better economy USA or Thailand, the answer seems clear, as we are the ones talking about cutting off aid. As for the state of the US economy? who knows? the trouble with economics is the "experts" seldom agree, far from an exact "science."

Rank Country - Entity External Debt

(million US$) Date of information

1 United States 9,000,0001 2005 est.

2 United Kingdom 7,204,3202 Q3 2005

3 Germany 3,646,0073 Sept 2005 est.

38 Thailand 50,630 30 June 2005 est

My point and the [color:red]FACTS[/color] to back it up...the USA has far [color:orange]MORE DEBT[/color] than Thailand and I would like to see the USA spend those funds in the USA. :yeahthat:

World Economy Items

As for who has more money/better economy USA or Thailand, the answer seems clear, as we are the ones talking about cutting off aid. As for the state of the US economy? who knows? the trouble with economics is the "experts" seldom agree, far from an exact "science."

Problem is the USA just prints up more $$$, so sure, they have more, but "junk" money.

With the huge debt, think about...

You have $1000 but have $177,000 of debt.

I have $100 and have $0 debt.

Who has the most money? real money? maybe equity is the correct phrase?

NOTE: The USA has 177 times more debt than Thailand.

Debt of countries

Cardinal & BangkokT, you are wasting your time arguing with the America-bashers. Their insults are all based on emotion and ignorance, and they wouldn't know, much less acknowledge, a fact, if it bit them on the butt -- pretty much like the Islamic terrorists, whose only knowledge of America is that they have fallen for the propaganda that it is the Great Satan (whatever that means). Rather than blame themselves, and their own governments, for their poverty, and miserable existences, they blame someone else, who has nothing at all to do with it, and America is always a popular target. Poor people are always jealous of rich people.

Repeat a lie often enough, and it becomes the truth, to those who are incapable of rational thought. If the bashers don't have facts on their side, which is usually the case, then they pathetically resort to using childish derogatory insults instead (along the lines of Sillypore and WinDoze).

As we were taught in law school, if the law is against you, then argue the facts. If the facts are against you, then argue the law. If both the law and facts are against you, then just argue like hell.

As far as the US "reviewing" aid to Thailand goes, that is simply a nebulous political term meaning that nothing will be done, unless the situation gets totally out of control, which is unlikely.

Adawes, you are hilarious once again...you only seem to comment when there is an item you have deemed anti-american....really anyone would think you were someone posting under another name, just for these items...

Anyway, back to the point...there's nothing anti-american in these posts....anti-US government, sure, but that's it....why do you fail to grasp this most basic of concepts? It's very easy to understand.

Archived