US reviewing aid to Thailand due to coup

cavanami

Following your flawed logic as well as which factors you chose to say that LOS has more money than the US, then i guess your Thai GF/wife/BG is fully supporting you?

So what should i make of those Thai comments, rich and poor, who say "we are poor/a poor country". I hear them over and over again. Are they lying to us behind those smiles?

CB

...GF/wife/BG is fully supporting you?

Yes, kinda/sorta...her house is fully paid off and I live there for free...all paid with her $$$.

..."we are poor/a poor country"

They have 30 baht health care...I do not!

Food is much cheaper then in the USA. Gas is cheaper.

My point, fix things in the USA and then go out and help others!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really have to agree with that last part. I recall talking to a British friend of mine. He said the 2 things that astound him are #1 our love of guns, why we feel a need/right to own an uzi and a bazooka whilst #2 not having any sort of national health care. But that is anti American I guess?

"...think about...

You have $1000 but have $177,000 of debt.

I have $100 and have $0 debt.

Who has the most money? real money? maybe equity is the correct phrase?

NOTE: The USA has 177 times more debt than Thailand..."

Tough call, it might have something to do with where that debt is...if it is in reparing the infrastructure, making it more economically viable in the long run, then it might be a wise debt to incur, if it is a debt for pork projects and wasted spending, then a different story...

The debt racked up on this boondoogle of a war is rediculis, of course someone will say it means cheaper oil, more secure standard of living, but at what cost to tax payers? sure a few of the elite will benifit.

"...think about...

You have $1000 but have $177,000 of debt.

I have $100 and have $0 debt.

Who has the most money? real money? maybe equity is the correct phrase?

NOTE: The USA has 177 times more debt than Thailand..."

Tough call, it might have something to do with where that debt is...if it is in reparing the infrastructure, making it more economically viable in the long run, then it might be a wise debt to incur, if it is a debt for pork projects and wasted spending, then a different story...

The debt racked up on this boondoogle of a war is rediculis, of course someone will say it means cheaper oil, more secure standard of living, but at what cost to tax payers? sure a few of the elite will benifit.

The numbers that I quoted are from each countries' external debt, which means; trade imbalance, all the $$$ that China and others are holding.

This is real debt, nothing to do with infrastructure, unfortunely :help:

I agree with Dr. Kissinger ("Does America Need a Foreign Policy?)

that China`s goal is regional stability, not expansion of their own strategic sphere. The US foreign policy aim towards China should be cooperation and not confrontation. Taiwan is problem issue though, but a conflict between China and the US would run contrary to the strategic as well as broader foreign policy interests of both parties.

Btw I recommend Dr Kissinger`s brilliant study for reading even though I assume that most of the internet rebels here (probably due to some Oedipus complex towards all kind of authority) detest the writer.

Adawes, you are hilarious once again.

Thank you.

you only seem to comment when there is an item you have deemed anti-american.

And you are a liar. You didn't even check my previous messages before lying. Once again facts don't get in the way of your emotions. You have zero credibility, and compounded that by a whacko conspiracy theory over my ID. I only have the one. Nice try at changing the subject, but it didn't work.

And even if I did only comment on your America bashing rants, that doesn't make them any less true, nor am I required to post comments on messages that are of no interest to me.

Archived