All Leagues But Premier League Discussion

ChristianTroy

I am a proud and happy fella, my 2nd division team is performing so well this year, a very young team with unknown players only leading the table with only 9 games to go! 27 points left to get and already 11 points ahead from the 4th, first 3 go up to the Bundesliga!

1 Karlsruher SC 55:27 54

2 Hansa Rostock 37:20 47

3 MSV Duisburg 44:29 43

----------------------------

4 Kaiserslautern 34:20 43

First gets 1 Million Euro bonus and is allowed to play at the premiere cup in 2007 which includes the Bundesliga Champ, Cup Winner, 2nd division Champ and the teams who came in 2nd and 3rd at the Bundesliga. That is another guranteed 2 millions and if they'd win that cup 4 more millions!

This year the team had one of the smallest budgets of all 2 leagues with 3.6 million and look what they have done! Woohoo!

Nice article about KSC.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First gets 1 Million Euro bonus and is allowed to play at the premiere cup in 2007 which includes the Bundesliga Champ, Cup Winner, 2nd division Champ and the teams who came in 2nd and 3rd at the Bundesliga. That is another guranteed 2 millions and if they'd win that cup 4 more millions!

Christian

How much is actually playing in the Bundesliga worth to the teams, TV rights and place/prize money combined?

The deal between Sky and the Premier League for next season is extraordinary and explains why the battle at the top of the Championship is so crucial (and why we MUST go up!). The club who finishes LAST next season will receive £30 million - about 44 million Euros with the Champions taking about £50 million (73 million Euros)!

Little surprise that the teams who get relegated one season are usually involved in the promotion battle the next (they receive 'parachute payments' for the 2 seasons after relegation too, I think that will still apply).

another good idea from a prat who knows nothing about Football.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6452013.stm

yes draws can be boring but i have seen some very good games which ended in draws.

i was at OT when MU drew 3-3 with Boro and 3-3 with Barcalona..........boring games.?

i don't think so.

last Week i watched Barca/RM and Chelsea/Spurs feature in 3-3 draws.

but were the games boring?..........hell no.

i know the proposal is only in the Championship and would not affect/include some of the games i have listed.

'The League's 72 club chairmen set up the working party to look at ways of making the game more attractive'

personally i think a 3-3 or 2-2 draw comes across as an attractive game.

in that sort of game both sets of Supporters are chewing their fingernails with all the end to end action.

I said that once

win with 2 goals ahead 4 points, regular victory 2 points a draw gets nothing and when you loose -2

that would bring more dynamic on the table and the field!

In the Bundesliga 15 out of 18 teams try to get a draw from an away match! Basically they have 10 defenders and one lonely striker who has nothing to do!

Hi CT,

Don't think any KSC players were involved in that, sorry :o

Let's try again

wow, what an excellent and accurate article!

I got goose bums again when they mentioned the 7:0 victory against Valencia!

I remember that day as it was yesterday, no TV station wanted to broadcast that game because it was hopeless, we could have lost at the first leg 10:0 we didn't had a shot on the goal and Valencia was leader of the Spanish League. The commentator completely freaked out, he said things like "I want to piss in my pants, it is so beautiful" He never admitted having said that again, lol but it was his break through, now he has his own show!

Here, my best football day in life which can never be topped

Archived