All Karr Charges Dropped

DocThai

And in related news :clown: :

JonBenet Suspect Says He Also Killed Amelia Earhart

Claims Aviator's Death Was 'Accident'

Just days after confessing to the 1996 murder of child beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey, itinerant schoolteacher John Mark Karr took full responsibility for the 1937 death of aviatrix Amelia Earhart.

Mr. Karr made the stunning announcement at a chaotic airport press conference upon his arrival in Los Angeles from Bangkok.

"I was with Amelia Earhart when she died," Mr. Karr told reporters. "It was an accident. I loved Amelia Earhart."

Mr. Karr refused to give out details about Ms. Earhart's death, including where and how she died and how he came to be in the same location as the legendary aviation pioneer.

But according to Boulder County District Attorney Mary Lacey, "We had enough evidence linking John Mark Karr to the death of Amelia Earhart to bring him in."

Some Amelia Earhart experts, however, expressed skepticism about Mr. Karr's confession, including Professor Davis Logsdon at the University of Minnesota, who noted today that "there are problems with the timeline."

"Amelia Earhart died in 1937, and John Mark Karr was not born until 1965," Professor Logsdon said. "I'm having a hard time wrapping my brain around that."

Regardless of the skepticism, D.A. Mary Lacey said she was "confident" that she had her man.

"It looks like we've solved both the JonBenet mystery and the Amelia Earhart mystery in the same week," she said. "This is awesome!"

Elsewhere, President Bush said he was "not surprised" by federal judge Anna Diggs Taylor's decision to declare his practice of warrantless wiretaps unconstitutional, telling reporters, "I heard her talking to her husband about it last week."

http://www.borowitzreport.com/archive_rpt.asp?rec=6569&srch=

+++++++++

Cheers,

SD

Archived