Taxi to Pattaya from new airport, how long, how much?

voodoo31

We had a thread before with a pricelist, so you can search.

I use a limo pick-up from my hotel, the cost was 1300 baht, 45 baht for airport parking and 145 for tollroads - that from Don Muang.

Of 3 other limo companies 1 will use the same price 1200 baht including all, same as from DM, as they're Bangkok based and will drive the same distance. The other 2 will charge 1000.

A taxi with meter will cost less than 1,000 + tollroads (105 baht?).

>Taxi 800 all inclusive (from PTY to AP)

Hmm. Normally does not include tolls.

However, the interesting thing that I have yet to see commented upon was that the rate to the old airport was 800 baht. The new airport is significantly nearer pattaya, but is still 800 baht. Nice little hidden price increase there.

-j-

On the Bangkok-Chonburi motorway from the airport there are only 2 toll booths at 30 baht each to Pattaya. Taking the elevated Bangna-Trad motorway would be something like 50 baht. I thought I read somewhere they have waived the toll at the airport on the outer ring road link to the elevated at the airport.

Not too surprised they have not reduced price to Pattaya, if it was your company, would you?

They are adding a lane each way to both the motorway and the Chonburi bypass that looks like could be finished in six months or so. It will really make a difference.

TH

• 2 weeks later...

I did see some signs recently for airport taxis from Pattaya to SWB at 600-700 (though when I desperately needed one early in the morning, I ended up paying 1,200, duh...). I think the market will bring the price down a bit, in time. Short trip - almost alarming how easy it is to drop in and out of Pattaya - I don't need any more encouragement than I've already got!

YimSiam

On the Bangkok-Chonburi motorway from the airport there are only 2 toll booths at 30 baht each to Pattaya. Taking the elevated Bangna-Trad motorway would be something like 50 baht. I thought I read somewhere they have waived the toll at the airport on the outer ring road link to the elevated at the airport.

Not too surprised they have not reduced price to Pattaya, if it was your company, would you?

They are adding a lane each way to both the motorway and the Chonburi bypass that looks like could be finished in six months or so. It will really make a difference.

TH

Whichever way you go you are fucked at the moment. Take the Motorway and you will get caught up in the roadworks on Route 7 near Tong Pin Industrial Estate (Just Past the DC-10's) it can take up to an hour to travel 10 KM through that.

The alternative Bangna-Trat Chonburi Bypass and Route 3, now Chonburi bypass is fine even when I use it (7AM Momday 5:30PM Friday) it only takes 10 minutes to cover the 10 km as oppossed to 40 minutes a few months back but you will get caught up in the Roadworks at Laem Chabaeng Crossroads where thet have been putting a flyover in for the last 6 months. You can get around these roadworks going through Laem Chabaeng Village, but you need local knowledge to know that route and I doubt a BKK taxi driver would know it.

This traffic is my excuse for going Grey :p

Archived