Marrying in Thailand

peckieboy

Dear all,

Thank you very much everyone for the replies. I believe I now understand what is needed and it is a relief to know that I do not need any paperwork for the house ceremony. I will get the paperwork sorted out afterwards when I have more time. I'll let you all know how it went at the end of November.

Regards

Peckieboy

PS Mentors, Good luck with your arrangements

Good luck...hope it all goes well

• 1 month later...

Dear all,

Just a big thank you to those that replied to my original post, especially about the affirmation of freedom to marry question.

Had the religious cermony at the girlfriends house and then went to Bangkok to take care of the paperwork.

Regards

Peckieboy

PS Mentors, Good luck with your arrangements

thank you, but under the unclear political situation and Thailand's future which worried me we postpone the marriage to next spring.

(For my fiancee it's ok to wait, because she anyway doesn't need to move to Europe).

Dear all,

Just a big thank you to those that replied to my original post, especially about the affirmation of freedom to marry question.

Had the religious cermony at the girlfriends house and then went to Bangkok to take care of the paperwork.

Well done and welcome to the club... :cool:

Regards

Peckieboy

i know i know.

If I want to stay in Thailand and I'm not 50 years, the best way is to marry. With the political situation i don't want to move to Thailand now, so, we can wait.

For my fiancee it's ok, because she stays in South Thailand anyway.

We know us since 1999, so we think, the Amphur can wait a few month more.

Archived