NotstickmanBangkok.com

exileexpat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am amazed that no one has picked up on the irony of the john galt pseudonym, especially in the Stickman context. Are there no Ayn Rand fans out there?

There is no irony at all, just ignorance at work.

"John Galt" is the main character and hero of Ayn Rand's most popular book, _Atlas Shrugged_ (Random House, 1957).

When I discovered the "John Galt" web site, I sent email to him asking about any connection to the book.

That was in the first week of the site, when attitudes were good natured and humorous.

Included in my email was a lightly veiled reference to "Galt's Gulch", one of the main scenes in the book.

"John Galt" wrote back to me saying he'd never read the book, just had heard the name and liked it, so he took it for his pseudonym.

He responded to my reference from the book, saying something like, "I don't get the question about a gulch. Was that a joke or something?"

His reply to me didn't mention anything about Ayn Rand at all.

Clearly, "John Galt" has no awareness of Ayn Rand or her novel, _Atlas Shrugged_ ... not in any way.

...There is no irony at all, just ignorance at work...

Yep, he has no idea. Too bad, because I still think some of the hysteria on this mess was similar to people's reaction in the book.

I did see that Stick was responding on the Pattaya Secret's forum. Interesting choice considering JG's allegations about large Pattaya bar owners...

TH

TH

The "Stickman Syndicate"?!

A diagram showing Stickman at the centre like one of those 'Gambini family' charts they use at Mafia trials? ffs - this guy's a nutter! :rotfl:

He also includes some "comments from some people who voted 'Thumbs Up' for exposure:" and this is where my particular stomach turns:

I've been married to my lovely wife (Thai) for some years and we are considering moving back to Thailand in the coming year as we have both been offered excellent jobs out there, but to be true the thing holding us back is the welfare of our daughter and specifically her education. Thailand has an epidemic of arseholes like Mr Stick masquerading as teachers to fund their night time habits. In my country (UK) if a school teacher was exposed as a guy who frequented gogo bars and the like on a regular basis and was responsible for publicizing this industry on his website then there would be no doubt of the outcome...he would be struck off the teachers register.. How many of these guys exist in the Thai education system???? from my experience Id say that every fellang I have met who teaches in Thailand is there for one reason ....and it ain't the 30k/month salary !!!!! Get the fucker deported and lets start something to wake the Thai's up to this cancer within their education system. You have done a good job in exposing this leach

These are some of the people whose demand he's "satisfying"? :shakehead Pompous hypocritical arseholes who, having taken advantage of the situation to get themselves a Thai wife, want all teachers to conform to an absurd puritan standard outside the school? What does it matter what someone does in their private life outside of work?

Fuck those kind of people... :down:

I bet when he was a kid that this guy was one of those snidey nasty tell-tales that everyone hated...

As an aside, having seen a photo for the first time, Stick - you're the most stereotypically New Zealand-looking bloke that I've ever seen! :grin:

Archived