NotstickmanBangkok.com

exileexpat

I am amazed that no one has picked up on the irony of the john galt pseudonym, especially in the Stickman context. Are there no Ayn Rand fans out there? :rotl:

TH

i guess ayn rand is not that popular in europe as she may is in the us and a.(btw anyone knows when the borat movie starts in thailand?)

popular only in small libertarian & minarchism circles.

no impact at the universities in the literature, philosphy or political science faculty.

may the students of economics comes to know her her when it come to friedman, von mises and hayek.

and i don't see any irony in that fact of picking up that name, specially when it comes to the ideas of ayn rand. whats wrong when stickman makes money with advertising and sweet mouth for some special locations and so on? the ayn rand john galt would never try to push somebody else under pressure with the help of authorities or blame him what he do is against the "law". you know what i mean.

okay there is the line "who is john galt?" but thats it's all the notstickman galt picked up. whats is the original rands galt is up to he don't understand a little bit.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an address, don't know how accurate it is, I could pass it along if somebody wants to take a look ;) Might be fake, who knows. I'd post it but I'm guessing khun sanuk wouldn't be too happy ;p Enless we are giving him less respect then our lady friends?

I am amazed that no one has picked up on the irony of the john galt pseudonym' date=' especially in the Stickman context. Are there no Ayn Rand fans out there? :rotl:

TH[/quote']

i guess ayn rand is not that popular in europe as she may is in the us and a.(btw anyone knows when the borat movie starts in thailand?)

popular only in small libertarian & minarchism circles.

no impact at the universities in the literature, philosphy or political science faculty.

may the students of economics comes to know her her when it come to friedman, von mises and hayek.

and i don't see any irony in that fact of picking up that name, specially when it comes to the ideas of ayn rand. whats wrong when stickman makes money with advertising and sweet mouth for some special locations and so on? the ayn rand john galt would never try to push somebody else under pressure with the help of authorities or blame him what he do is against the "law". you know what i mean.

okay there is the line "who is john galt?" but thats it's all the notstickman galt picked up. whats is the original rands galt is up to he don't understand a little bit.

May I suggest you go look on MS and read the comments from the Stick fans then read the book and see the reaction to John Galt.

TH

I have neither the time nor the energy to think too deeply about Stick vs Notstick, but my gut reaction is John Galt is very sick and deserves whatever he gets. His parody of Stickman's site was amusing for about 10 minutes, but most of what Notstick wrote in rebuttal of the originasl was hair-splitting and pedantry in the extreme.

And to try to actually hurt Stickman over a Website is waaaay out of line. Stickman did no harm with his site and many enjoy it; he certainly doesn't deserve to be caused any pain.

It's nice to see Stickman's fans rise in his defense when he was unjustly attacked. It's an impulse with which I can identify. Three cheers for the Stickman cultists and fanatics!

Evel

:devil:

But even on Mangosauce you made your feelings know that you dont like stickman. You seem to be a bit more vocal there though. Your choice though. I am not a big fan of either, just would like to see JG strung up higher.

I didn't realize that saying I thought the death threats posted by more than one Stickman fan were inappropriate would be considered ant-Stick. I also mentioned the fact that MS had outed Galt but deleted any reference to Stickman's identity. I just found MSâ??s moderation slightly biased and said so...

Isn't that something like "you are either for us or against us"? :soapbox:

TH

I wasn't going to say more on this Stickman business...but it does sort of set a whole tone...first off, it is obviously very easy to use the internet to destroy someone or make their life miserable...

Also, and I really didn't want to go here, but "...in my day..." if you had a beef with a guy, you called him on it, punched out like men, and win or lose you both walked away with a new respect for the other. You left innocent/other people out of YOUR beef. To me, this seems sort of punk like...but I really don't know all the details so maybe I shouldn't say anything? nor any of us?

Archived