NotstickmanBangkok.com

exileexpat

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I already said that a few pages back... :) Figure he can get his fans and his detractors...thus getting 100% of the Stickman market...I see great marketing potential here... "I Stickup for Stick" Stickers and t shirts, or "Stick THIS Man" Shirts for the guys who hate him, either way, he can copy right it, and make a ton...ah Stick, if you are listening, I will have my lawyers get in touch to discuss my creative royalties...

to me this John Galt , is a pathetic LOSER

Give it up Dude..

and try and get a life.

every community needs a village idiot.

this guy fits the bill perfectly.

O.k. So now we know Stickman's new secret/double name here :) Frankly, I think it admirably that Stickman has not lowered himself to comment on this.

When I first had a look at Galt's site, I did wonder why he doesn't just say he was a former Stickman reader who doesn't like the direction that Stickman has taken and he is going to offer something different. Stickman has been criticised for settling down and not going to bars so there might be a market for such a site.

However, given Galt's latest two columns, the only conclusion I can come to is that it is a personal vendetta. It is simply not about offering an alternative viewpoint to Stickman's, but it is going after Stickman personally.

If you look at his main accusation about Stickman dishonestly recommending places. If this was a true and someone went to a bar thinking the bar had a good atmosphere/girls and it turns out it doesn't, is the punter suddenly going to say, hey Stickman recommends the place, I am wrong and it must be good or he is going to think twice about Stickman's recommendation.

Then, when Stick mentions the name of another business and says it looks professional (a qualifier which to me means it is not a personal recommendation from Stickman), he lays into Stickman again and makes contact with the business. He then rubbishes the service the business offers although later after reader feedback, his first comments about the business are in fact incorrect.

A critique of Stickman's writing would be interesting to read, but personal attacks become boring quickly.

Archived