Thai forum to start charging?

Palatkik

Presumably not this forum, as I haven't seen it mentioned here? Anyone know which site?

From Stickman Weekly 22Oct

Late update 10:40 PM Bangkok time: Late news into the column a few hours after it originally went up online suggests that one of Thailand's largest and most popular discussion forums which has always been free to access is about to start charging.

I think thaivisa.com is the website being referred to here. Here is a thread on it:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=89522

If you follow the thread, the final word says that it was under consideration to charge new members but that idea has now been dropped. The new features will be paid for by existing revenue adverts.

In these days I think any forum / website that tries to charge is killing itself,

there is so much info on the web these days for free that no one wants to have to pay ,

KS has it right with sponsors and the google ads

OC

OC Totaly agree with you.

90% of my postings are probably piss takes / wind ups, it keeps the thread lively, but conversely if someone asks an obscure question (where can I buy mahogony in BKK for example) I will offer my experience.

For Centuries the Guru's have sat and chatted around their respective village squares passing on knowledge, charge for seating they will sit elsewhere, this is a global village.

Hi,

"If you follow the thread, the final word says that it was under consideration to charge new members but that idea has now been dropped."

Too bad. I would have really like to have seen them start charging people. Would have been a great benefit for this board. ;)

Sanuk!

Hi,

"If you follow the thread, the final word says that it was under consideration to charge new members but that idea has now been dropped."

Too bad. I would have really like to have seen them start charging people. Would have been a great benefit for this board. ;)

Sanuk!

KS.....do you really think there is that much cross-over between the 2 boards ?

I look at Thiavisa mostly for "news" info,

how the airport is working out etc, stuff like that

I go here for "fun" info ,

I am not sure if they really compete with each other ......

OC

Archived