What makes a person gay/lesbian/katoey?

WorldFun

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a gay friend at my work. I tell him about my adventures in Thailand and he gets all prudish which I find ironic considering where he sticks his cock.

He's the first homo thats never cracked onto me so I respect him for that....but he's always inviting me out for a drink and I expect him to try it on if I ever have a drink with him. Gay men just don't undersdtand that a man can be hetrosexual...they presume that they want dick so all men want dick....if it wasnt for that and the whole wearing the dress thing it wouldn't bother me.

I did see this ladyboy in Phuket once who actually initially fooled me. this bloke was very petite and looked better than half the females around but once I got told she was a he the fascination dissappeared. i dont want no dick salad with my sandwich....two dicks are a crowd....two fannys are a helluva party!!!!

OH & others thanks for your balanced views.

Cent & others sorry if some of the poll options were badly phrased no harm was intended.

In my oppinion gays simply suffer from a lack of testerone & thus apart from being less sexual overall also feels like a girl & thus is attracted to guys...

Biology sure as studies would have observed the same phenonomen in the 5-10% of animals with the same 'problem'.

I really respect gays as they make a life in this PC world where most seem against them.

"...In my oppinion gays simply suffer from a lack of testerone & thus apart from being less sexual overall also feels like a girl & thus is attracted to guys..."

I'd disagree with that! There are some seriously macho gays out there, and they throw down often and everywhere, takes a 10 minute walk in SFO to see that...er ah, not that I know first hand... :)

>In my oppinion gays simply suffer from a lack of testerone & thus apart from being less sexual overall also feels like a girl & thus is attracted to guys...

Sheesh. Given that we know testosterone (note the spelling by the way) levels in men decrease with age, according to your theory the older men get - they gayer they get???

-j-

(still, on reflection it *might* explain OH..)

'Do you personally know any homosexuals?'

classic........... :monkey:

only 4 people have said no and how the fuck do they know?.

not everybody who likes batting for the other side advertises the fact.

i work with a guy who is deemed as the hunkiest hunk at my place of work by the girls.

he has been married for 10+ years and has 3 kids. but he has a secret that would shock many people........he likes to have fun with Men whenever he can.

i would never condemn him or salute him,his choice.

Josh,

I remember reading something more on this subject recently, but here is one article about estrogen in males, as opposed to the male hormone testosterone. The article I read earlier (not this one) basically said males need estrogen to, well, be men. :)

Cent

------------------------

Sharon Kirkey, CanWest News Service

Published: Monday, October 30, 2006

Men who find their blood boiling this winter as they try to get the snowblower started may be able to blame it on their hormones.

Not their testosterone their estrogen.

New research suggests the length of exposure to daylight affects how estrogen interacts with genes in the male brain that regulate aggression.

In the short days of winter, estrogens increase aggression in male Oldfield mice, Ohio State University researchers have found.

The rodents bite each other.

"It's really striking," reports Brian Trainor, co-author of the study and a postdoctoral fellow in psychology and neuroscience.

So far, no one has studied the effects of winter days on female mice. But Trainor knows of experiments with female hamsters, "and they do show increased aggression" in winter-like, short days.

Trainor and his co-author, Randy Nelson, wanted to determine how the environment namely, the hours of light in a day, affects the expression of estrogen receptors in the brain.

While many people think estrogen is the female sex hormone, men possess it, too, just as women have testosterone. As well, an enzyme in the brain converts testosterone into estrogen.

"You don't have to have a significant amount of estrogen circulating in your blood for estrogen to be important," Trainor explains.

Testosterone has long been thought to be the hormone that controls aggression, but the new study is the latest to show that, in some species, estrogen may be just as important.

In one experiment, mice were given a drug used to treat breast cancer that halts the production of estrogen. The rodents were then injected with estrogen.

The drug increased the aggression in mice living in winter-like short days almost immediately, but it had almost no effect on the mice living in longer day lengths.

"A long-day mouse would sniff the other mouse. They'll lick them. They'll follow them around or box with their forepaws," Trainor said in an interview.

"But if (short-day mice) have a hormone treatment that is inducing aggression, they'll bite them on the flanks in a way that you don't see in the long-days."

"What that suggests is that, in long days, it takes longer for the estrogen to affect the behaviour, whereas in short days estrogen seems to be able to act quickly to increase aggressive behaviour."

Studying aggression in humans is harder than it is in mice. But "it wouldn't surprise me that people would be more irritable in the winter," Trainor says. "I don't want to leap to conclusions. But steroid hormones including estrogen could have an effect."

In a press release, he added that, "If something as simple as the length of day can affect how estrogen is used by the body, how are other environmental factors such as diet affecting estrogen in humans? It is something we don't know enough about."

skirkey@canwest.com

© CanWest News Service 2006

p.s. And there are many things now in the western modern diet that either mimic or increase estrogen in your body. -Cent

>and he gets all prudish which I find ironic considering where he sticks his cock.

Mother is making dinner in the kitchen and her 25 year old son comes in sits down at the kitchen table and says "Mom, I need to tell you something - I'm gay". Mother says nothing for a minute or two, and continues stirring the pot on the stove. Son says again : "Mom, I'm gay". The mother turns round and says "So, you sleep with men?" son says "uhmm, Yes". Mother says "and have sex with them?" Son : "well, yes...". Mother says "and I suppose you suck their penises?" Son, uncomfortably "well, yes. Yes, I do". At which point the mother fetches him a resounding slap around the side of his head with her cooking spoon and says "don't *ever* criticise the taste of my cooking again".

-j-

Archived