Ear Cleaning...Anyone tried its

sakoni2002

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

pasathai,

try it, you'll be amazed, if only by the amount of shit that is in your ears... q tips are blunt instruments that are just as likely to push wax towards the eardrum as remove wax. an indian guy whose life is dedicated to ear-cleaning, armed with the proper array of frightening metal tools, that's another story... i used to have it done, now I have a phobia that one time they are going to press the spoon against my eardrum and demand my ATM card and PIN, so i can't handle it any more. Anyway, try it once.

On the other hand, ear candling - that is bullshit.

YimSiam

I had it done once in a BKK barbershop but I don't think it's a good idea because something hard was used to scrape the interior of the ear. That could damage your ear or introduce infection. What I do now is use a cue tip to clean the inside of my ears daily. If you go to have your ear cleaned in a doctor's office in USA, they typically use liquid that is squirted into the ears.

I've also had a doctor clean one ear in the States - I had pushed some wax up against the ear drum and couldn't hear a thing. Doc used chemicals, not tools. He said there's a simple rule of thumb for keeping your ears clean: never put anything in your ear smaller than your elbow - including Q-tips.

I still use q-tips, they satisfy me somehow - but I use ones produced in the states, not local. A friend in Laos lost the tip of a local swab in his ear, had to go to Thailand to have it removed in the hospital...

Indeed, wax can accumulate in the inner ear and not be transferred via the usual route...i am in the position of this happening to me..use freakin q-tips everyday, but alas they are not good for anything but the outer ear...maybe i'll go to a hospital to have it done...

Archived