Am I Being Had?

yyzfarang

I'm new to this forum and appreciate the opportunity to seek the advice of others wiser than I when it comes to a relationship with a TG.

My woman and I have known each other since May and I recently returned to Canada from my second visit to see her. On the outside, the relationship appears to be going well.

She no longer works the bar, or so I am led to believe. That is not the issue, I have no reason to doubt that she is still in the bar.

Since my recent return to Canada, her 3-1/2 year old daughter has joined her in Bangkok after having spent the last two years or so living in the North East with my woman's parents.

I am being told that in order for the daughter to attend public school in Bangkok that there is a one time fee of 40,000 baht. This allegedly includes registration and uniforms. It has also been told to me that it includes an amount of 15,000 baht covering the term and that subsequent terms (2 each school year) are subject to a 15,000 baht fee.

Quite simply......is this for real or is it the latest version of "My mother is sick", "water buffalo dead" or "Brother crash motobike??"

Any comments from those with children in the BKK public school system would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Malcolm

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought basic education for children started at 6 or 7 years old. Unless she is talking about some pre-schooling. Maybe you should get a bit more info before handing over your hard earned. Ask her the name of the school and take it from there.

I thought basic education for children started at 6 or 7 years old. Unless she is talking about some pre-schooling. Maybe you should get a bit more info before handing over your hard earned. Ask her the name of the school and take it from there.

Bust: I've checked this out and it seems 3-1/2 to 4 is the usual age public school starts.......

OK - Before we all yell scam, is yyzfarang british? I have heard what many of us call "Private Schools" called public schools in the UK. So these figures are compatible and even cheap if it's a international or private scchool.

However if it is a normal school SCAM SCAM SCAM

School itself starts at around 5- 6 in Thailand, my kid went to school (kindy) when she was 20 months old, she REALLY loves school, however Kindy is not compulsory.

It seems I think the kid is going to a private kindergarten, the fees at the one my kid went to before Rasami where 10 000 "Joiner fee" followed by 4000 a term

DOG

You can pay 100,000,000 Baht for a Thai school and unless there is support and encouragement and help at home, it is a HUGE waste of $$$.

School starts at home.

From what I see, the Thais have no concept that they have to encourage/help at home, thus the shite Thai schools and every other country...IMO.

My wife have talked about a 'bribe' to get into school when the kid back home starts junior high (12 year), but as he as of now is the number one in his class he will get a scholarship and enter for free.

He also got some money from school now apparently because he did so well. Very different from our system where such small children are not even being graded, and certainly not getting monetary rewards for doing well.

The number to pay your way in have been in the region of 40 000.

You can pay 100,000,000 Baht for a Thai school and unless there is support and encouragement and help at home, it is a HUGE waste of $$$.

School starts at home.

From what I see, the Thais have no concept that they have to encourage/help at home, thus the shite Thai schools and every other country...IMO.

Not my experience. Hard work is expected and at times we have had private tuition after school.

Archived