Racest Lott, now Minority Whip.

texascity

Black Americans generally were Republicunt up until FDR's reign. Eleanor Roosevelt reached out to black voters and did a lot to bring them around to the Democraps. Truman, Kennedy and LBJ pretty much sealed that with their civil rights efforts.

p.s. Lincoln advised the freed slaves to go somewhere else to live -- Liberia, the Caribbean etc. He told a group of black leaders that "Your people and mine can never live together." Of course, you don't read much about that in history books.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>Jesus, Dem Palestine, was a Jew. <

I stand corrected. jesus was obviously a blue eyed Caucasian .. the statues prove it.

I laugh at your funnies.

.. for some reason my humor is usually more Kerry like.

signed 'the redneck borat'

of note: only special interest Zionist are so quick to point out there was no Palestine before the Arabs were robbed of their property & denied the right of return to their properly deeded homes & land.

the zionist are very concerned about a 'fair & balanced' US gubberment coming into control.

the zionist walked out of the UN (again) yesterday when their butchery in Gaza was again condemned by spain, france & germany (old europe)

did you see where Zionist PM Ohmert, this week, congratulated Bush on his Iraq policy 'stabilizing the region' .. If the US stops supporting the outlaw / criminal / amoral / scum bag zionists they are in deep poo poo.

what does Ohmert have in common with most of the Neocons that lied & manipulated to get us into the Iraq fiasco?

.. it's an easy & obvious answer .. 1 guess.

back to the thread:

"November 16, 2006

Putnam Wants To Know: Where Were The Rednecks?

â??White rednecksâ? who â??didnâ??t show up to vote for usâ? partly cost GOPers their cong. majorities, Rep. Adam Putnam (R-FL) told fellow Republicans today."

http://hotlineblog.nationaljournal.com/archives/2006/11/post_122.html

I am currently & permanently not living in Texas.

the racism here in the Northern US is equal to Tejas.

my 'friends & neighbors' here .. most have never been further south than the 45th parallel .. are as 'ethnocentric' as any southern redneck.

IMHO, racist generally do not want to travel, mentally or physically, outside their ethnic comfort zone.

one evening when I stupidly suggested that 'Asians' have a higher IQ than 'Caucasians' (a statistic seemingly documented by standardized testing) & contended this was supported by the 'graduate school genetic make up' at our local state UNI the poo hit the fan!

POed the other guys (in the shed partaking in an attitude adjustment) .. all blue collar hard working men whom had seldom left their home county.

redneck racist = the ugly american

the burger stand nearest my home has 'freedom fries' on the menu!

when I traveled through the EU last year several commented about their 'oreilly like' dislike for France. ??

gave one of the guys a bottle of vsop cognac for xmas 2 years ago .. pissed him off!

even europe is subject to 'racist' dislike. ??

"if you'r different we don like yah."

...Truman, Kennedy and LBJ pretty much sealed that with their civil rights efforts...

I was only in high school in the mid-50's, so was more concerned with copping a feel off some curvy, innocent coed than politics. However, it was Eisenhower who pushed the first civil rights legislation in 1956 since the days of Reconstruction. That legislation, which authorized the federal government to enforce voting rights for blacks (and others) was not passed. It was passed in 1967 (Voting Rights Act) after Eisenhower reintroduced the legislation, but was gutted by Congress. Nevertheless, it was the basis for subsequent civil rights laws passed in the later years. I tend to think that, while blacks might associate civil rights laws with Democrats, many more thank and support the Demoncrats for the give-away "entitlement" programs for which it is largely responsible under Kennedy and Johnson (particularly under the Great Society label).

Ike was also said to be the first President since Reconstruction to meet black civil rights activists in the White House; that he issued regulations prohibiting discrimination in the federal work force and in firms doing Government contract work. He also nearly wiped-out wide-spread practices of discrimination/segregation in Washington, D.C. during his time in office. ("DC", not having local control then, was controlled by Congress, had segregated playgrounds, hotels, restaurants, schools, police/fire departments.) I'm only "theorizing", but maybe Ike, not being a career politician, had witnessed the contributions of black soldiers during WWII; felt time it was afford them equality; wasn't too concerned over political ramifications. (He was a soldier first, and, if he didn't show it, probably had a healthy disrespect for politics.) I'll defer on this to "presidential historians" :grin:

HH

Ike was a fascinating character. As a career army occifer, he felt the military should stay out of politics and apparently never even registered to vote. Both the Dems and Reps tried to nominate him for prez. The Reps did, and he accepted it. But he was hardly a typical Republican.

Also, it was Earl Warren -- a liberal Republican and ex-Caliornia guv -- who presided over the Brown vs the Board of Education of Topeka case that outlawed segregation.

But notice that all of the old hard shell segs switched to the Republican party after Kennedy era. That can't have escaped the notice of black voters.

Republicans are for big business and the Dems are for the masses.

Yep...the "masses" of illegals pouring over the border. :grin:

BTW' date=' were you :drunk: when you posted your message? You read like your were at least .15.

HH

[/quote']

You must be a republican -- of the worst kind :down: You could be high on gonja for all I know w/ all the grinning smilies in your posts, not to mention delusion and fantasy.

<< only special interest Zionist are so quick to point out there was no Palestine before the Arabs were robbed of their property & denied the right of return to their properly deeded homes & land. >>

About an equal number of Jews were robbed of their property in Arab countries and denied the right to return after 1948 too. Are the Arabs willing to let the Jews reclaim what they lost in return for returning the land to the Palestinians? In a pig's arse ...

Speaking of racism, I noticed that in Thailand, dark-skinned Thais tend to get ignored in restaurants and shops -- that's a blatant form of racism, not the subtle form that you find in USA.

When I lived upcountry, I noticed that some of the farm girls working in the rice fields were completely bundled up -- arms and face completely covered -- even though it was hotter than hell out. When I asked why, I was told that they were the light skinned girls. Their families wanted to keep them as light as possible to try to get a rich husband or maybe send them into the massage parlours!

Archived