How racist!

Flashermac

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

<< So if there are going to be no preferences for anyone then we'll need the quality of all grade schools and high schools to be on more equal footing than it is now. >>

I knew a white guy from a small town in Arkansas who was shocked when he tried to get into the U of California after his Navy service. They refused to accept him, saying his Arkansas high school was only accredited to the tenth grade! They would not accept his high school diploma. He had to go to a junior college and then transfer into UC. So much for judging things by race or national origin.

I get in trouble in the States from my lingering habit of saying "colored" instead of black. Hey, when I was a kid that was the POLITE word.

:dunno:

Me too. I wish they, whoever 'they' are, would stop changing which words are acceptable. Actually 'black' has always sounded kinda insulting to me. Nobody has black skin. Nobody has white skin either unless they've been underwater too long.

It irritates me when newspapers etc refer to a person as "a black" or "a white" or whatever. Dammit, I'm not a colour! Call me a white person, if you wish. Refer to black people, white people etc. But saying "a black" or "a white" sounds to me just like using the "N word" ... or calling me "Chuck". :shocked:

Archived