US intel listened to Princess Diana's calls before crash: report

elef

I'm not all that much interested in that shit.

I remember when I was working for an airline, at LAX, back in the eighties.

Charles and Di, and the infant Prince William were in transit between Auckland and London.

The plane was to be parked at a remote pad. While we were awaiting the arrival, our Danish boss had us all lined up in a row. Then he instructed us all to bow to the royal family as they disembarked.

I never heard so many laughs in my life. Everyone basically said "fuck you" to the boss.

No disrespect to the throne, it was just the wrong country to be pulling that shit.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dave.

haven't you forgetten the anger at the time.

the Royal Family and espiecally the Queen were highly critised for not returning to London and mourning her?.

the Queen was forced to return to London after the tide was going against her.

she was even forced to fly the flag at Buck House at half-mast for the first time when a reigning Monarch has not died.

but she fought against doing that.

was it Blair who coined the phrase 'the people's princess'?.

everything he done at the time was for his own image,not for Diana or anyone else.

haven't seen the film yet but is all this portrayed?.

Not being from England I was only vaguely aware of it.

But, yes, all that is portrayed in the film. Although, it did not show Blair as being only concerned for his image. By the end of the film, he was concerned about the monarchy ending entirely because of the Royal family actions, and was trying to protect the Queen...even if he had to force her to do things against her will.

Cherie Blair, on the other hand, is shown clearly hating the Royals and having a great time watching them submarine themselves.

A great movie...you should see it.

I ask again:

if it was just an accident, why are 39 pages top secret???

I hear what they are saying but probably the most important facts are on the sites they are not showing!

Quite often the government clasifies all sorts of crap as "secret" when in fact it has nothing to do wityh anything important. Standard procedure. In El Salvador for example, ALL documents were considered classified, including ALL requisitions for supplies, such as toilet paper, tampons office suplies etc...the assumption being "...someone could draw a false conclusion about who is down here, and how many, and what we/they might be doing..." If also helps confuse people, as well as fuel conspiracy theories, which I love!

That movie was total BS portraying Blair as the flawless hero and the Duke of Edinburgh as the evil villain. The only good thing about it was how it showed Alisdair Campbell as the cynical speech writer who invented the cringe-inducing "People's Princess" phrase. Only a total nut would think this insignificant self-publicist was killed in some sort of conspiracy.

Archived