how often do thai's eat western food?

theshaw66

The dislike for Farang food is pretty much across the whole population. I took a deligation of Software CEO's to Australia a while back, and the first thing they asked was where they could eat Thai ffood, and if not Chinese!

My wife is a odd one out, she not only loves trying many different types of Farang or Non Thai food, she cooks it as well

Her lasagne is great!

Someone else her has a wife who makes GREAT cheesecakes!

DOG

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"Someone else her has a wife who makes GREAT cheesecakes!"

And how would you know? You didn't get any last time :p

My wife doesn't mind Western food either (real food, not junk food which she eats only very rarely). When in Holland she had no problem eating any of the food; she didn't like all of it, but tried most.

Sanuk!

I ve read before that chillies, garlic and ginger in the diet makes digestion faster. Maybe this is why they dont put on weight so easily... :confused:

Those western franchises are certainly quite busy all the time. However maybe the same people dont enter them everyday. I think the thais I ve known do eat western food, but not all the time. They have more balance.

The Thai ladies that I have known and loved all eschewed farang food, and seriously preferred Thai food.

That said, there sure are a lot of Thai people in KFC, Burger King, Pizza Hut, and MacDonald's.

I actually bought a triple Whopper with Cheese a few days ago....and I almost hurled after I ate it. I have been eating Thai food for so long that my digestive system rebelled.

My wife needs at least twice a week western food. If you count japanese, then at least 4 times a week. She can't stand eating thai every day. But that is something that might have to do with the fact that she spent parts of her childhood in France and studied in australia and the US.

She loves pasta, and by now (IMO) makes better pasta dishes then most italian Restaurants in BKK.

I would say she cooks 3 times a week thai, 3 times western or japanese, and once we usually go out.

She also has a liking for Fajitas, Pizzas, Ben & Jerry Ice Cream and all kind of french food.

BTW... she still weights 40 kilos and eats loads of veggies. So, no problem there.

Hi,

"You mean like in the general rural population? Which still constitutes the majority of the population.

Easy one: Never!"

Agree in general although there are exceptions. My wife often makes pancakes when we are up-country and the kids (and my brother-in-law) love them.

"got lot looks of horrors when they saw the refried beans."

Hahahahaha. Yep, same for my wife even though she has no problem eating 'kapi' or 'nam prick' which to me looks (and smells!) way worse.

Sanuk!

Archived