Major Fire in BKK

llso

The Nation

Today

Link

Firefighters still fight a blaze at Singthoe community

Firefighters have still failed to distinguish a fire at Singthoe Community opposite Queen Sirikit Convention Hall on Rama IV Road on Thursday which already gutted to the ground about 50 houses.

At about 7.30pm, the firefighters with some 30 fire engines still fight the fire that broke out at about 6.30pm. The blast is reported to approach a building of Metropolitan Electricity Office near the community.

Police have to close traffic at Asoke Intersection and Ratchada-Rama IV road. Community radios suggested commuters to stay away from the fire areas.

The fire fighters had face shortage of water, so they had to ask for helps from nearby districts. Strong wind had obstructed the attempt to put the fire.

it seems really bad from other reports. I was at the carrefour rama 4 last year when the a whole soi went up. Really adrenelin pumping stuff. Felt like being in a movie. Fireengines and sirens everywhere. Its a slum, so that means the poor.

Is there any path to provide some money for these people if they need it?

You see the quality of the english teachers in Thailand, they can't teach (or maybe they don't know themselves) the difference between "dis" and "ex". :)

Elef, as usual, take the easy pickings, i'm sorry we are not all as hiso as you...some of us earn a living in order to stay here.

The piece was almost certainly written by a Thai, it's not anything to do with the teachers or teaching. You should teach here sometime and see if you can do better...i very much doubt it. Thais really struggle to grasp even the most basic grammar.

Archived