U.S. Preparing for Saddam's Execution

Bangkoktraveler

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope the US get rid of this guy, GWB. Of course when I meet americans the majority are good people and I judge anyone on an individual basis.

America is a vast country with many different people. I do believe however that a country gets the government it derserves sometimes...so it is up to the people to vote with their feet. However there does seem to be alot of fundamentalists at work in america where extremism within capitalism is rife. America isnt the free society it purports to be, when there is fundamentalists there is no open debate and it becomes blasphmous to even question their beliefs. I think this is a problem the world over where symbols and rituals have beome the root of deep seated feeling which gives rise to extremsim and terrorism. People have lost their own independent judgement and reason, as W Drummond said, he who does not reason is a biggot.

JS,

I have no idea what is happening in the USA right now!It seems more out of control than ever. I honestly believe GWB stole the elections, and I blame the opposition for not pushing the issues. I also find a lot of cause for speculation on the wars and 9-11...yet most Americans choose to just bury their heads in the sand, or confuse themselves with issues that have NO bearing/effect on their lives directly. Sickening.

My adopted father is from Austria. Although conservative, and a Republican Voter, he likens some of the attitudes to those of the ferver that swpet Nazi Germany, again frightening/sickening. Sadly, Americans seem to not be able to control this on our own anymiore, hence I really think the UN needs to have a look at what we are doing, and how, and really push to stop this guy before he goes into Iran, Syria and North Korea, god knows where else...clearly, he and his cronies are out of control.

Too bad they didn't hang George Wanker Bush in the same gallow. That wold have been a step in the right direction for humanity. If they had extended the gallow so that they could have rid the world of Cheney, Rumsfeld and Bush's african american piece of tail that would have been an even bigger step.

Archived