Leaked Saddam being hanged video

FAT_AUSSIE

"...I know, that Sadam was a massmurderer himself, but that does not justify any goverment to put themself on the same level...."

Then what should have been done? who should have held him accountable? Never mind all the US Government crap, the guy was a war criminal for a whole ton of reasons.

"...It's funny how the world wanted to liberate Afghanistan from the Taliban for doing the same things they have just applauded the US...ooops.....Iraqi government for doing..."

I frankly am glad he is dead. People like this need to answer. I do however object to the bullshit show my government put on in the process. They should have just killed him in that rat hole, and destroyed his body...never said a thing about it.

I also object to the war as a whole, which was/is based on lies and bullshit. But that said, SH was a bastard from hell, and needed to be stopped. As I said above, all US bullshit aside, who should have stopped him, or what should have been done? For that matter, if it was a wrong decision, why isn't the UN or the rest of the world calling for GWB to answer?

It seems the US can't do anything right in this regard. We didn't go into Rawanda to stop the genocide, or the Sudan, yet Hussain was gassing his own people, ethnically cleansing, we made him answer (never mind the real reason is oil and based on a lie, and we are wrong...? When and where is or was or would be o.k. for the USA to intervene? I mean we can't fight for our own special interests, but we can fight for someone else's? Discuss please...

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OH I seem to remember the reason the US gave for invading Iraq was about WMDs.....liberating the Iraqi people became a convenient alternative. I agree he was an evil man much like many other brutal dictators throughout the last century, but a life is a life and no matter how you spin it, nobody has the right to take anothers.

Why is nobody discussing the real issue here...

How will this affect the Saddam Hussein character in South Park?

In the movie he was already dead but his neck appeared to be fine. WIll they now have to go back and re-edit to show him with a wobbly head (wobbly-er) Does this whole "watching him die

thing take away from the comedy of Satan and Saddam in bed together?

This could be a comedic disaster!!!

I have no clue as to why there is even a question about why he was or should have been executed...had the USA not been involved, I seriously doubt there would be any of these bullshit debates.

If the international community feels this was wrong on the part of the USA/Bush, then god damn it, call him on it, or more specifically, why didn't they try to block it wghen Sh's life could have been saved...instead of after the fact...? I am referring to all the out cry this tape/video has caused...including comments from the pope...where was his concern when Hussain was alive?

I think congratulations should go to the hangman, a very fine job,quick clean neck break. Good way to die.

JP

Inevitably, there are differences of opinion regarding the death penalty here...have to expect it. I say it was a bit TOO quick. Maybe they should have done like I've seen SH's henchmen do while he was in power: hit him in the head and body with a rifle butt, break his legs, haul him up to the roof of a three-story building and then toss him off. (Might be a bit long for a phone cam to record, however.)

HH

The biggest cause for controversy is the taunting on the tape.

I listened closely and I believe what was said is..."The tribe has spoken"

The only three left on "Survivor...Bloodthirsty Leader Edition" are Kim Jung Ill, Osama Bin Laden, and George W Bush (with, of course, Thaksin Shinawatra off on Exile Island)

Archived