Checking your property may make you a DOMESTIC TERRORIST

Bangkoktraveler

Patrolling: to move regularly and repeatedly along or through (a route, building, or area) for the purpose of maintaining security and order

http://www.wordsmyth.net/live/home.php?script=search&matchtype=exact&matchent=patrol

So, yes. If you, as an individual regularly followed a set route, through your house, while armed to detect illegal activity, then yes, in this case you would be guilty under the law.

*However*, at the risk of being tedious, I again point out this does NOT prevent you from *responding* to any incident, armed or not.

-j-

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where I live, those who live by the border see a response approaching zero by the border patrol when illegals enter on to their property. Because of this problem, the Minuteman people came into existence.

In the city where I live, the police have a poor response if you call them about an incident. This has led citizens, in some cases, to arm themselves.

Now where I am at, a store owner can carry a gun concealed within the confines of the store without a concealed weapons carry permit. With this proposed law, checking the store to make sure nobody is hiding in the store, might be construed as patroling with a weapon so you could be charged as a domestic terrorist.

The proposed legislation has about ZERO chance of being passed. Aside from constitutional issues, economic ones (ie, security companies) would lobby heavily against it would come down heavy against it. What bothers me is that enough idiots elected the cunt who drafted the legislation. Oh my.

HH

Where I live, those who live by the border see a response approaching zero by the border patrol when illegals enter on to their property. Because of this problem, the Minuteman people came into existence.

In the city where I live, the police have a poor response if you call them about an incident. This has led citizens, in some cases, to arm themselves.

As Julian so eloquently put it, and no one (except I) responded to: "The only problem with the police is they're under funded because you keep voting for governments who run on platforms of (tax cuts that lead to) reduced government spending. This includes stuff like schools, health services, emergency services (don't worry about them, Katrina's been and gone) and, of course police."

Pretty much hits the bullseye!

Cheers,

SD

[color:red]""The only problem with the police is they're under funded because you keep voting for governments who run on platforms of (tax cuts that lead to) reduced government spending. This includes stuff like schools, health services, emergency services (don't worry about them, Katrina's been and gone) and, of course police.""[/color]

Naw... Our police operate very much like the Border Patrol - they only go after the easy targets for the most part.

We live in a college and a border town. Go any weekend down along where the University is, and you will see police car after police car pulling cars over. When they have done it to me, there was no probable cause - just something they like to do. It is an easy way to see if somebody is drunk or on drugs.

Now, the little gang bangers who are robbing stores, the police say the response time for something like that might be 20 to 30 minutes or more. When the robbers leave, the police will finally show up. Not once have they ever caught a robber while doing a robbery as far back as I can remember.

[color:red]"Denial...it's not just a river in Africa."[/color]

Are you talking about the police and the border patrol who go after soft targets?

Or are you talking about hiring more border patrol agents as the government has been doing which hasn't stop any of the illegal immigration flow to the USA because none of the agents want to go to the remote areas where the illegals enter the country. Even if a person was blind, he could tell if he was on one of the illegal 'highways' by the amount of trash he would be stumbling over. But the border patrol, for some reason, refuses to go to these remote areas and arrest the illegals using these 'highways'.

Archived