Evel_Penivel

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice pictures Evel_Penivel,

I have a question and I want to make an annotation:

My question:

1. What is the meaning of the expression coyote dancers? I have read that term several times

on multiple Pattaya-boards during the last weeks. It seems to be a metaphorical expression revealing

something bad, a concept with a negative connotation.

Why do you call the girls coyotes?

I investigated the internet and I found some hints and infos.

Is the paradigm of that expression the

"most legendary bar of the whole world. Well meant is the COYOTE UGLY bar in New York.

Scores of legends exert for the insider rendezvous of the scene people,

the artists â?? the adventurer and the beauties"? and

"The bar never has become what it is now if there wonâ??t be the breathtaking bartenders

who coddle their clients night for night."

That is the text on the website; their self description.

Served that as a model for the concept formation coyote girl?

Nasiadai

My annotations:

2. The barfine for the girls in the Secrets bar is 1000 Baht resp. 600 Baht.

And the girls want to have 1500 up to 2000 Baht for LT.

That makes between 2500 up to 3000 Baht LT for a Secrets girl.

That means â?? concerning the actual currency rate - between 70 to 85 Dollars for a LT girl

inclusive barfine for an American guy.

Not bad, I only can say! The times they are a-changing!

And there are no drinks, no lady drinks and no food and beverages, no hotel room, nothing!

I don't blame it on the notorious overpayers, boobies and chuckleheads.

The outlook for the coming years:

We all have to turn us into "two or three weeks millionaire Bill Gates" to get some sanuk

while being in Pattaya.

The reasons for that bad change are not only the overpayers.

A short outline only:

1. Thailand is changing from an emerging country into a dynamically developing industrial

country (Tiger State), and thus supplying more and more better paid jobs for all Thais

(inclusive not or bad educated girls and young women from Isaan and the north).

[color:blue]Thailand is on its way getting a prosperous and a well-to-do society.[/color]

2. Since about 1985 / 1986 / 1987 Thailandâ??s population development changed from a

growing population into a declining population! Due to the fact that Thailand is since about

20 years a declining population (less babies were born), there are from now on less girls in the

age group 18 to 21 where the sex industry can recruit their stuff!

Conclusion:

- Prices in bars and for the girls, as well as in the whole sanuk scene will go up to a level

many of the normal average farlang sanukers cannot pay any more..

- Girls get more and more professionalized! Attitude of the girls will change more and more

into a professionalized disposition (an affected coldness) we all know from our western girls.

[color:blue]Now in the year 2007 we are witnesses of the Götterdämmerung (twilight of the Gods) of

Thailandâ??s nightlife scene (or better: sanuk scene).[/color]

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Charly

Hamburg / Deutschland

Nasiadai,

Yes, that what everyone was saying before Thailand's big boom years ('the sex industry in thailand is because of poverty, etc, etc'), but then when Thailand was booming in the 90s they were scratching their heads and wondering why more thai women than ever were entering prostitution!

It's cultural, and not dependent on the economy or the population, I say.

(And for the record, Thailand's population is still growing, not declining - not growing nearly as fast as it used to, but there's still about 1.5 million more Thai women this year than there were five years ago... I think we owe the people of Thailand thanks for this!). I think we're likely to run out of jetfuel for the airplanes that get us to Thailand far earlier than we'll run out of hot Thai chicks in the business...

What was this thread about anyway? Ah yes, Secrets girls. Well, to answer a question posed in another thread: Yes, it apparently is getting more difficult to find hotties, if these are the Coyote Girls of the day! Coyote girls are supposed to be the ones who are too hot to have to dance naked - and this ain't them.

(all due respect and thanks to the photographer!)

YimSiam

Hi guys,

thanks for the nice pictures Evel_Penivel,

My question:

1. What is the meaning of the expression coyote dancers?

Nasiadai

As you said yourself, the term originated at the Coyote Ugly Saloon, which opened in New York City in 1993. The term spread all over the world after the release (in 2000) of the successful movie with the same name. The movie gave rise to the concept of coyote dancers.

HOWEVER, and its a big however, the term means different things in different places. In Thailand, it's supposed to mean dancers who are so good-looking that they don't have to dance naked, topless or even in bikinis.

In the NYC Coyote Ugly bar, the term coyote at first referred to female bartenders who sometimes got up on the bar and danced or sang or did magic tricks, acrobatics, all sorts of stunts, including flashing their tits, to get the customers to buy drinks. In time, many U.S. bars began use to coyote dancers, i.e., girls who are sexy but don't show too much bare skin while they dance on the bar.

BTW, Coyote Ugly was the title of a play from the early 1980s about a grotesque family in Arizona, pure Southwestern white trash.

Evel

:devil:

With respect to the lack of hotties, stunners or whatever else we call them, they are still out there.

There are just far more bars than ever before, giving girls more employment opportunities. As a result, you see fewer "hotties" concentrated in a single bar than in the past.

Also as someone else mentioned in another thread, girls have many more networking tools available to them now then they did in the past. Before the easy access to the internet, email and cell phones, girls had to be in the bars in order to be seen and make money.

Now they find some sucker, add his email and phone to their contact list and begin the courtship of having him become their sponsor, errr sorry, boyfriend. Short of that, they arrange for him to pay long time barfines before he even sets down at Suvarnabhumi for his next trip.

You just have to get out a little earlier and hit a few more bars to find the diamonds now. They get snatched up early in the evening but with a little effort you can find them.

Thanks, Evel, for your semantic and linguistic clarification.

Referring to my little article above:

Enjoy Thai nightlife as long as it is affordable and satisfying!

In my opinion and in my experience it is getting from good (in the past) to bad and to worse:

Only some notes:

- the reasons I mentioned above: the economical and demographical development of Thailand

- The strong Bath against all western currencies, because of the very good economical and financial situation of Thailand, which will be better year by year.

- On all Thai nightlife related boards and lists you can read more and more articles and reports about bad experiences: disappointing experiences, runners, girls with bad attitude etc..

- escalating prices for drinks and LD, for barfines and for the girls services; LT, ST

- The first result: many bar owners and sanukers report that there have been less punters around: the typical white male single farang: too expensive, worsening.

I am aware of the fact, that we all make different experiences; we all have different expectations, different measures or standards. And we all make different and sometimes contradictory experiences with the girls.

But all in all you can assert:

Thai nightlife and our sanuk are on decline!

Nasiadai alias Bakwahn

Charly

Hamburg / Deutschland

Archived