Gang crackdown in LA???

chuckwoww

The problem is that legal gun owners kill themselves or others, deliberately or accidentally, at a ratio of several dozen to one that they kill bad guys.

Where did you get that statistic? It should be noted, in the areas that liberally issue concealed weapons permits, crime GOES DOWN. That is from the FI Uniform crime report, also the NRA's usual crap...but I do agree, people should be allowed to carry a fire arm, provided they are leagally allowed to own one, and maybe take a safety class, and annual qualifification...

For a lot of the gang bangers around here, and maybe LA, which I think is worse, it is about protecting their turf, but also about "respect" (face) and often they just shoot to show they are tough guy bad asses...to me, if you pull a gun out to get respect, you don't deserve any, and needing a gun to show muscle means you are a pussy.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be easy enough to work out, national stats for gun shot deaths by accident or murder by a legally owned weapon divided by bad guys legally shot by gun owners, not law enforcement officers. You look it up, you live in the only country that considers the right to own a gun to be God given.

Should be easy enough to work out, national stats for gun shot deaths by accident or murder by a legally owned weapon divided by bad guys legally shot by gun owners, not law enforcement officers. You look it up, you live in the only country that considers the right to own a gun to be God given.

Not god given! Now, the idea was for us to have guns to protect ourselves from criminals, but ALSO to protect ourselves from a government gone out of control...are you starting to think we need them yet...?

[color:red]

"Watch the caps if you want to continue with the discussion."[/color]

If you reread what I said [color:red]"Even pilots armed with guns would get my nod if they could carry only low velocity ammo. If you have read the news, nobody has even considered this. STUPID!"

[/color]

I was not calling you stupid but I was referring to the point that the controversy over pilots carrying guns could be easily resolved if the pilots used low velocity ammo. Because this point has not been looked at, I consider it stupid.

One side says this and the other sides says the opposite. What they should be doing is looking at ways to make both parties happy.

If this still bothers you, please notify me personally.

[color:red]"Now, the idea was for us to have guns to protect ourselves from criminals,"

[/color]

Exactly!

Actually, there are still some of us around that actually believe a person has a right to defend themself.

If everybody in the USA was taught civic responsibility and had to serve 2 years in the military, the citizens would know how to use a weapon.

[color:red]"So you think it should be OK for people with gun permits to take their weapons on planes?"[/color]

Most people think everybody is unarmed except for the air marshal(s), but active USA police officers can carry their weapon on a plane in the USA.

I think it would be funny if a person tried to hijack a plane and the plane was carrying 50 police officers who were going to a convention.

[color:red]
"Watch the caps if you want to continue with the discussion."[/color]

If you reread what I said [color:red]"Even pilots armed with guns would get my nod if they could carry only low velocity ammo. If you have read the news, nobody has even considered this. STUPID!"

[/color]

I was not calling you stupid but I was referring to the point that the controversy over pilots carrying guns could be easily resolved if the pilots used low velocity ammo. Because this point has not been looked at, I consider it stupid.

One side says this and the other sides says the opposite. What they should be doing is looking at ways to make both parties happy.

If this still bothers you, please notify me personally.

No problem. I accept your explanation.

Archived