Udon, Khon Kaen, Buriram

luckyfarang

Udon Thani, I stayed at KP Villa in Kumpawapi, nice, good air, pool, clean, no worry about guests...30 minutes from Downtown Udorn Thani...a short walk to the government train to Nong Khai. 800 Bht. Has parking.

As you said anywhere in Issaarn, In Surin, I stayed at the Majestic Surin (or Surin Majestic?), a short walk to the bus station, as in other side of the Bus lot...less than 100 meters...in downtown area, shops food nearby. Short walk to night life street, gogo Pool hall and Karaoke, restaurants etc. Masasage parlor in Thun Tarin Hotel (also good, didn't stay).

Majestic is nice, 800 a night, lots of parking, includes breakfast (full buffet, Thai and Farang food) Has a pool, clean, nice rooms, Newest in Surin I believe. Looks like...

c0224a19.jpg

Khon Kaen...Sofitel is a genuine 5*. I paid about 1700 and worth every baht and then some. Included breakfasts, free airport service to and from, centrally located.

Udonthani...Chroensri Grand. 3-4*, 1200 baht, centrally located, free airport transportation and breakfast.

(These are probaby the best hotels in their respective cities.)

HH

In Udon Thani Ban Chiang hotel is pretty nice. I remember I paid 1100 baht walk in rate and was very pleased with my room. A hotel of same standard would cost at least the double in Bangkok. Big swimming pool and restaurant were also nice. It's a 5-10 minutes tuk tuk ride from the center though.

Khon Kaen nI second sofitel Racha, although can not stay there now for less than 2k.

See Greenwood travel, a dutch travel agency in bkk for a faboulous 2 nights deal, upgrade to suite, 2x buffet for 2, price now around 5200 baht.

Udon, try Charoen hotel on Posri, freshly refurbished, 900 baht on internet with buffet breakfast and swimming pool, excellent lunch buffet at 180 baht, walking distance to farang bar area Charoensri shopping complex and train station. Avoid the Napalai, a filthy place.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived