best ISP in Thailand

dabbish

I have been using CsLox since it became available, over 3 years ago???

Others I know use True and say it is OK.

Very few problems with CsLox, at least for me. Maybe the ADSL is down 10 minutes in one month, or less. Could depend on the area you live.

I am quite sure that in my area, very local 93 Suk, there are not many users other the a few local internet cafes.

I have a 512 Kb connection, which is the slowest/cheapest they offer and it is OK for me. Others I know are using 1 MB and faster but I see little speed difference. mI pay 738.30 Baht per month.

Again, most likely very dependent on the area you live, how far you are from the ADSL relay station, how many users on-line, etc.

The internet in BKK (and LOS in general) is a virtual lottery (sorry had to). The service varies from street to street, area to area, even in the same soi!! Who you can use depends on whether they operate in the area, or whether there are any lines available...many areas of BKK don't have any spare /lines and you have to wait for one!!!

So, ask before you move into anywhere...direct line is a must, then ask who operates the number...you can't just swap suppliers...if your condo building uses True, then you are stuck with them. Of course in theory you should be able to swap and it is possible...my block uses True, but i use TOT and CSLox info...but i got in there first before they set up their internet service for the block. I was told i couldn't change supplier from TOT....but it seems an individual wont be able to but an apartment can, so in other words, check everything out, ask lots of questions.

Who to go with?

Well, if you just wanna surf, any are ok...if you wanna d/l lots of stuff, then avoid True, they block ports on all non-web surfing applications...CSLox info does this too but in the daytime only, at night ports are opened...they also bandwidth shape, so home users can experience crawling speeds in the daytime, but fast at night...True just blocks and didn't bandwidth shape, when i used them i would get fast speeds at around 2-3am. There were and continue to be lots of complaints about True and their service is rumoured to be awful...

Some like Buddy broadband, some like to go with TOT, plus there are some other players.

For True, you need a True phoneline.

For CSLox info you need a TOT line, there are other solutions using Trues service via TOT, but it is slower and the range of products is limited.

I use CSLox info....i have a 2 meg line. I never get close to 2 meg and get disconnected a lot. I have complained countless times, i've had engineers out...the problem has never been fixed. They said it was the rain...imagine that....then it stopped raining, the problem persists.

I wish you luck...even getting adsl can be a pain...you need to produce lots of documents with True...CSLox info is easier.

Don't expect anything near to the service quality of a western country.

I use Buddy Broadband because it is the only choice available at my condo. I pay 500 a month for their fastest connection and it rarely goes offline, but download speeds tend to average only around 300kbs. They used to block a lot of torrent sites but the past couple of months I have had no problems.

I use TOT for the same reason, its the only one you can use in my building near the On Nut BTS station. I almost never have a problem, even the last couple of months with the earthquake that cut most of the cables to asia I almost always got at least 256/128...atleast 80 percent of the time. So go figure. I actually pay for 1056/256 but with most of my friends telling me they were getting less than dial up speeds I found it hard to complain. I think a lot of the slow internet has to do with the age of the building. ??????

Archived