High school Korat?

nkped

:question: I find myself in the unexpected role of giving advice to a long time friend about sending her adopted son to a boarding school in Korat city. They live in a town out in the rural area of Nakhon Ratchisima province. He just turned 12 and wants to go to the school in town for not terribly good reasons like having a friend going there and sports. She is serious about him staying in school and studying. Says there is a high school (pardon the American terminology) in the village. I told her it would probably be a better school but to talk to the teachers at that school and to his teachers in the village. I haven't been hit up to pay tuition (yet) so I don't think it is a variation on the sick water buffalo. Don't have the name of the school, but any thoughts (in general) about the gain in academics from going to school in the city as opposed to the village. An international school in BKK is not one of the options.

Gentlemen ,

as I am currently involved into something similar , would anybody of you have the kindness to publish a brief layout of the Thai school system please . I don't fully understand how they proceed from primary school and how many years primary or high school last . Do they automatically proceed for high school or what is it like ?

Many thanks

BuBi

Archived