Best time of year to visit LOS?

scott808

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anytime I have more than a week off from work and thanks to my employer, I was laid off permanently so I have lots of time now. Been here almost 3 weeks now and enjoying every second of it.

My guess is you are looking for a time of year. It's all up to you what you want for weather. April being very hot, lots of people don't like it. I personally don't mind it. Plus it's the Thai celebration of New Year so it's kinda fun, once.

I like low season a bit as it was easier to fly over here. (airline staff) It's really all what you have in mind and when the prices are good.

Anytime is good! It's always hot...but crazy hot April-September and it rains everyday, i like huge tropical thunderstorms tho' so i'm happy...less people in low season, but still plenty about...less families then, which is good...the 'quality tourists' just annoy me!

There might not really be a bad time, particularly if you spend your time in Bangkok or Pattaya. If you want to optimize the time frame, think about what you will do. If you are into the islands, the ideal time is when the water is the clearest and monsoons are over. This actually gives you two windows based if you go to the Phuket side or Samui side. If you want to see the north, some say go the season when it is in full bloom. If you will be outside a lot, the heat will be a factor regardless, but opt for the rainy or cool season.

Up until this year my favorite was December; cooler weather, festive time with the Holidays, Bangkok all lit up, little beer gardens sprouted up everywhere to kick back at. This last year the beer gardens / beer girls were cracked down on, just one night (new years) was allowed open late, which was ruined by the bombings. So unfortunately it looks like December '07 is nothing to look forward to.

Around Songkran I just want to stay at home beside the air con. Not the best way to holliday. I dont mind the rain, the longer days with the more cosmopolitan atmosphere, plently of drinks and people stopping by all the time. Mid year is great for that. The colder months are O.K. if you get in the exploring mood plus places like Doi Su Thiep, Mae hong son can be quite attractive.

Fatts.

Only time I strive consciously to avoid being there is Songkran (April 13-??, depending on region?). :doah: Not through climate-related concerns, or to avoid crowds, nor any intended slight on Thai culture or credence, no sir, :nono: but because it's a right royal pain in the f*cking arse getting my threads drenched and being blasted in the face by gallons of freezing water from some fat obnoxious drunken falang dipstick joker's luminous pump-action battery-operated lime-green Toys 'R Us water rifle every time I walk past a f*cking beer bar. :cussing: (I don't mind a refreshing wee cupful of water down my neck from a cute bargirl :hug: but six gallons square in the coupon from aled-up sandpaper-faced Noddy Brit Pisshead and his pals I can do without. :banghead:

(If Walking Street, Pattaya in 2002 was anything to go by.) :(

jack :help:

Archived