Airfare to Seoul, Korea

Big Kev

Anyone have ideas about deals on flights from BKK to Seoul? I just checked a couple of places on-line and can't believe how expensive it seems to be. Well over 1K US$!!

Seems like I did it a few years ago for only a couple hundred, but like much these days, I can't remember the details of how I got that price.

Thanks for any input you might have.

:cool:

Sorry $1K sounds well OTT, I have just checked Asiana Airways website and a return Seoul-BKK is 576,000 Won approx $576, from BKK it is even cheaper (I cant be assed finding the thai prices) Homepage

You have to remember that Seoul-Korea on a whole is more tuned for business travel rather than tourist travel and the airline prices reflect this. Not only do their engineering houses undercut the Japanese by about 10-15%, it is also the nearest point of civilisation to Sakhalin Island (Oil and Gas).

Back in 1988 as a young 24 year old Engineer I was sent from the UK to work on a project in Korea, fast forward 19 years and I am still here in Asia, I recall a line form a Douglas Adams Novel from back then "Korea is doing to Japan today What Japan did to Europe in the 50's" and it still rings true today, for the foreseeable future I will be traveling back and forth forth to Seoul for monthly project meetings.

Douglas Adams also came out with the Classic line that "WWW is the only acronym that is 3 times longer than the phrase it is abbreviating" WWW is 9 Syllables World Wide Web is only 3 ... Physistist you have to humour them.

I can't tell you what they cost right this minute, but looking at my per diem sheet, I charge my customers US$800 for airfare to Seoul. And I make money on travel costs.

I created this pricing using TG's published full fare Y ticket (well, a percentage of it anyway) as found in the timetable available at most bookstores. Same procedure as I do all other routes I fly. I just revisited my travel pricing and exchange rates in December, so it is current.

I usually find flights for at least 25% cheaper than what I charge (the worst case scenario).

Call my girl Natthamon, at Traveller2000, and she'll hook you up. 0-2652-2569 or email: natthamon (at) traveller2000.com

Cheers,

SD

Archived