How dumb are Thais?

thalenoi

Something I have noticed numerous times at sky train stations where tickets are dispensed from machines arranged in a circle. Thai often line up & wait 5-10 deep at the ticket dispenser closest to the traffic flow or the money change office.If they would walk 3-4 metres, the machines on the other side often have just 2-3 people, and sometimes none. This may not be a trait unique to Thailand, but a universal peculiarity.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another behaviour noticed in Bangkok, and this is is probably another example of a universal stupidity found in large cities everywhere. You can have a lineup of stalled cars hundreds of meters long and some doofus near the end starts honking his horn. As if that had any chance whatsoever of making a difference.

[color:red]"BKKTraveller, sadly I have no idea what you have said, even with a decent measured IQ - english wasn't a part of it and I couldn't tell if you would like to marry me or insult me If you don't mind translate it in basic english for dummies like me!"[/color]

You had mentioned about a young man being pulled out of school to plant lice. You should have said rice. Typical typo. I picked up on it and being that I was feeling good at the time, added my own twists to the conversation. As for marrying you or trying to insult you, I was attempting to do neither. Just trying to vent some humor.

Come to Nepal, get your fill of horns... When people drive here, it's like they're navigating with sonar, honking the horn constantly and measuring the reverb... I love getting to Thailand and driving in silence!

Has anyone mentioned Thai escalator etiquette yet? Or people who give you the wrong directions rather than admit they don't know where a place is? (Likewise, taxi drivers who drive in circles with the meter running rather than say they don't know where you want to go.) Those are some usual favourites.

I had one woman who yelled out during the middle of sex "come inside me, I want to have a baby and go to America!" Probably the stupidest thing she could say, but maybe I'n confusing stupidity with honesty? Or maybe she just wanted me to shrivel up and pull out, in which case she was pretty smart - it worked instantly.

Anyway, she was Lao, not Thai.

YimSiam

One thing I notice about Thailand is you NEVER hear the horn, either in traffic jams, illegal u turns, accidents, it's like the whole country has diconected them!

Wanna join me for 5 minutes on Beach Road on the crossing to Soi Pattaya Klang? You basically hear nothing else but horns, some from baht buses trying to get attention, ....as signal to go first, ....and as ranting when someone was cutting another car. Sadly they are not disconnected here, I wish they were.

Archived