Do you tell the bg?

jonjon058

My friend got a curable STD from a bargirl in Nana plaza. I thought he was being paranoid when he said he thought he had caught something because it was his first day in LOS and he had only gone with one girl. Plus he said he had been careful. But to put his mind at ease we went to the hospital and found out he was right. I was shocked since I have been with more girls than I can remember and never caught anything... and yes I do get tested every so often to be sure. Anyway, within a few days he was fine. But after he left Thailand I ran into the girl that he caught it from. So here is the question. Do you tell her to go get a check up? I pondered that while chatting with her and in the end decided not to say anything. I figured it would only embarrass her and getting rid of it for her would be like shoveling snow in a blizzard. Has anyone actually said something to a bar girl and if so how did they react? Do the bargirls normally go get check ups on their own periodically? She worked at an outside beer bar so I doubt they require any type of testing to work there like some of the gogo's claim.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with wonderlust....incubation period is longer than one day. He had whatever it was before he left home. Tell him to talk to his steady to get her checked.

And yes.....100 percent do tell your partner if you contracted something from them, ESPECIALLY a bargirl. I don't want to catch what he possibly gave to her.

I'm afraid I wouldn't bother to tell. I believe most of them carry something anyway and are too afraid to go to doctor.

But that's not funny he got something even he was using condom. I have one friend who has caught gonorrea twice in Thailand and he also claims he's always been protecting his willy.

Of course you tell her and if she declines a check up and to treat her STD you walk straight to the mamasan an get her ass fired. It is irresponsible to let her continue spreading the disease no matter how minor it is and there are not only health reasons for that! I am not condoning cheating husbands but some men simply can't resist, his wife trusts him and has unprotected sex with him while he doesn't know he is sick!

If the incubation period is correct then maybe it is he who could have passed something onto her. Maybe paranoia prompted him to get the check up. So maybe the right thing to do is tell her that maybe she should have a check up as he could be the problem not her. Whatever the situation you should have said something, makes you irresponsible because you know for certain that he has an STD and she may be unaware.

I was looking to see if the it was really possible to have symptoms so fast, as I know for a fact he had only been in LOS for less than 24 hours and had been with only one girl in that time. Couldn't find anything saying chlamydia could show symptoms that fast. So maybe he had it all along as you suggest and paranoia caused him to go get checked out. If that is the case and he was really careful like he said she may not have it.

Anyway, I am not asking whether I was being responsible. I was asking what the likely reaction would have been from the bar girl. Has anyone ever actual told a bar girl that she has an STD and what did she say or do? It just seemed like such an obvious thing to say to someone who goes with one or two strangers per night "hey, you know you might have an STD and should get a check up". For all I know, Chlamydia may be the least of her worries.

If there is a Nana Plaza regular who is seriously concerned about this girl and wants to tell her then I'll let you know where to find her. Not on this open forum though.

Archived