HAPPY SONGKRAN, HAPPY THAI NEW YEAR

whitelotuslane

I've been counting the days up to the start of this just like counting up to Christmas when I was 6 years old.. And finally it's here:

[color:blue]!!! Happy New Year everyone - สวัส�ี�ี�หม�- สวัส�ี�มีย�หม� !!![/color]

:spin::elephant::beer::elephant::spin:

To everyone not familiar with the festival, or anyone slightly (but not terminally) jaded with it, a very good thing to do is to point at a random North Eastern or Northern city and 'just go' there.. ..Happy Times..

!!I LOVE THIS COUNTRY!!

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually, it's สวัส�ี�ี�หม� :neener: But thank you for the wishes.

And yes, it is good to see another who likes this holiday. I love it!

Cheers,

SD

Yes elef,

It can be like a war out there. It's like real estate, it's all about location.

I like the first couple of days in Pattaya and the Grande Finale on the 19th. Pattaya sure likes a good party!

It can also be about peace & love. I like to walk the length of Pattaya Klang (Central Road) from Sukhumvit Rd. down to Second Road. This is where mostly Thais celebrate and it's very peaceful with far less drunken revelers around. They freely welcome you and invite you to partake which is impossible to avoid. So, just be prepared. Wear a bathing suit and beach wear for your feet with a Tee shirt. Expect to get wet (and kissed!), etc. Don't wear a watch. Kep your cash in a plastic bag, etc. You will enjoy.

Once you get down to Second Rd. and walk to Beach Rd. through the predominantly British beer bar area, it is like war. But, it's super to watch the drunken bar girls dancing on the bars sans bras and flashing tits and sometimes ass! Then, the free, freshly roasted pig that some of the beer bars put out is a real treat. How can one resist this? It's not just a warlike party, it's total madness ... well worth getting soaked and blasted for in my opinion. ... just hope it doesn't rain tomorrow like it's doing at the moment. Don't resist the flow, get carried away with it.

You'll not regret, nor forget! :thumbup: :grinyes:

Fuck Happy Songkran...

Started early in Pattaya (I thought it wasn't until the 19th!).

Just left the hotel to go down to Walking Street and got soaked by drunk English yobs 4 metres from the hotel door. I mean dunked with 2 buckets.

Wet jeans, wet shoes, wet socks... wet fucking everything.

Back again now to get changed and try again.

In the day time, fine. But stop the war at 6.00pm so people can go out at night and not have to sit in the the air con dripping wet and catching colds.

Pricks.

(A very wet) Piggy.

:cussing::cussing: :onfire: :onfire: :banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing:

Happy Songkran - and take care if you drive...

Mentors, my wife picked me up from Chiang Rai Airport today, I drove the 30kms home very slowly and carefully. Drunken motor cyclists narrowly missed me half a dozen times. The car got put away and the fridge and cupboard are well stocked. If we want to go anywhere for the next week we walk or stay home.

Fuck Happy Songkran...

Started early in Pattaya (I thought it wasn't until the 19th!).

Just left the hotel to go down to Walking Street and got soaked by drunk English yobs 4 metres from the hotel door. I mean dunked with 2 buckets.

Wet jeans, wet shoes, wet socks... wet fucking everything.

Back again now to get changed and try again.

In the day time, fine. But stop the war at 6.00pm so people can go out at night and not have to sit in the the air con dripping wet and catching colds.

Pricks.

(A very wet) Piggy.

:cussing::cussing: :onfire: :onfire: :banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing:

Oh well, I suppose some people have to go out to get laid...... :neener:

Archived