HAPPY SONGKRAN, HAPPY THAI NEW YEAR

whitelotuslane

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now here is a weird twist. The water wars are supposed to end by at least 8 pm - they usually do and look at the signs in NEP's beer bars saying no water after 6 pm - but this evening there were still buffons tossing water after 8 pm. The TGs walking into the plaza on their way to work smiled, but you could see signs of annoyance if you knew where to look, and the customers were more obviously annoyed. Who were these guys?

Well a few were wearing born again shirts. Yes, the holly rollers were out playing Song Kran in the evening. Why? Well if you listened to a few, it was to keep sinners out of the plaza. Yes, these nitwits thought that Song Kran gave them excuse to spray water at anyone entering NEP to, I guess, righteously deter sin and vice. Truely fucking annoying.

When I left NEP at 9 pm (about 30 mins ago), they were gone.

I enjoy Song Kran. I spent a good part of this afternoon on Khao San road. Had a blast with a several TGs drinking beer while getting absolutely soaked and drunk. But when evening time comes, it's time to stop. Except now, the evangicals are using this an excuse to harrass customers entering NEP. Words cannot express my annoyance.

Fuck Happy Songkran...

I mean dunked with 2 buckets.

In the day time, fine. But stop the war at 6.00pm so people can go out at night and not have to sit in the the air con dripping wet and catching colds.

Pricks.

(A very wet) Piggy.

:cussing::cussing: :onfire: :onfire: :banghead::banghead::cussing::cussing:

Cheers Moi, was thinking about going to Pattaya but you just convinced me not to bother, along with the shite road they have got going there these days.

Well a few were wearing born again shirts. Yes, the holly rollers were out playing Song Kran in the evening. Why? Well if you listened to a few, it was to keep sinners out of the plaza. Yes, these nitwits thought that Song Kran gave them excuse to spray water at anyone entering NEP to, I guess, righteously deter sin and vice. Truely fucking annoying.

They were just baptizing the heathens :)

Still womder what Visa you get for preaching the bible ????

OC

Actually, it's สวัส�ี�ี�หม� :neener: But thank you for the wishes.

And yes, it is good to see another who likes this holiday. I love it!

Cheers,

SD

Is สวัส�ี�ี�หม� also used for the January 1st 'Happy New Year' holiday, or is a different Thai language term used? I've also heard 'Sawatdii Wan Songkran' used for the Thai New Year holiday.

Wonder how many mobile phones and mp3 players get 'zapped' each Songkran from water damage?

Yes, same as for regular new year. That is "sawatdee bpee mai," meaning basically "happy new year."

สวัสà¸?วารสà¸?à¸Âราà¸?à¸?à¹? or "sawatdee waan Song-graan" just means Happy Songkran Day; tho' I think that Songkran being the holiday would include the "waan," making this phrase redundant. :dunno:

EDIT: If you are getting into obscurities, then remember �รุษ�ี� or "dtroot jeen" when Chinese New Year rolls around next year.

Cheers,

SD

...Wonder how many mobile phones and mp3 players get 'zapped' each Songkran from water damage?

Mine got zapped two years ago.

Sitting on a park bench in the Khao San Road area, talking on the phone, here comes a Thai lady and dumps a bucket of water on me and the phone...

Farkin' idiots :boxing::spank::cussing:

Minor point, but since we are discussing the Thai language version in Thai and, some like me, might do a 'cut and paste' and use this again, because (a) they are lazy and (B) they haven't figured out how to type Thai on this board, I want quickly point out there is a vowell is missing above the à¸? in สวัสà¸?วารสà¸?à¸Âราà¸?à¸?à¹?. It should be à¸?ี, as in สวัสà¸?ีวารสà¸?à¸Âราà¸?à¸?à¹?. Just in case someone wants to use this in future.

<< Still womder what Visa you get for preaching the bible ???? >>

Real missionaries get a special visa. But they have to be ordained ministers and their church already has to have membership in Thailand. Basically, they are allowed to preach to their church's members and do some missionary work on the side. Those loonies at Patpong and Cowboy must be here on their own and doing visa runs.

Archived