Should I bring her to Gullivers?

David99UK

Not sure whether this should be here or under Meetings :question:

I have never exactly been a regular at the Friday Meetings :nahnah: , always too lazy even when they were at Woodstock and I was camped in 3 Roses and DC10 for months at a time :D . In fact I think I only went twice - the longest for an hour......and only just to see if KS really existed :smirk: and last time because I accidently bumped into "Wild Alaska" who was going anyway.......so that must be a good few years back??

My usual long winded way of just saying I do not know anyone here in real life :)

But I was thinking of coming along to at least one Friday meet in Gullivers (Being stuck in BKK and NOT binge drinking 24/7 in Gogo's will free up quite a bit of time for being soberly sociable!).......the question is do I bring the Missus along?

On the face of it a simple question and the answer is to ask her!!......but I suspect her answer will be heavily influenced by what I want to do.

As an ex Sukhumvit Freelancer their is the chance that some folk at Gullivers will "know" her, but after a couple of years now of not being in action this is less likely......and certainly not from any Newbies. (hopefully!)

What I am trying to figure out is whether it would be a good or bad thing for her to do, as she will be dealing with and talking to guys who are largely active punters in a game she does not partake in anymore and it is not something she has the same views on as Farang fellas.......from being at the other end of the transaction.

But of course she would now be dealing with Folk on a more equal level as she no longer wants / needs anything from folk - which is different......as well as her now being "respectable" (sort of) - albeit she will know folk know about her past and may well be interested in her views and insights......

I would personally be very interested to see how she dealt with Farang fellas on a different basis, but my curiosity is not the be all and end all...........

Of course folk here may well say the last thing they want to see sitting at a table in Gullivers on a Friday night is a Thai female (whether that be a GTG, BG or ex BG). Even if she can hold a knife and fork in civilised (??!)company :smirk: .

do you normally go around putting your head in the Lions mouth ?

Dumb idea, nothing good can come of it and much bad can happen

all you need is one of her Ex's to show up,

who knows what will set her off with old memories,

kind of like Vietnam war flashbacks )

OC

Shit, I took my mum and wife, mum was a bit embarrissing as she drinks scotch pretty fast, and knows moredirty stories than most of us, wife wasn;t so embarrising,

I usually sit them at a side tablee, so they dont make me look boring.

Mostly we never talk about anything sexy, usually it's about boring shit!

DOG

I remember #4 of my stable of 18 was meant to meet me their one night. She looked through the window and saw the likes of DS, SD and MR DAWG and did a runner. When I caught up with her later she said too many men. If she'd known their was other girls there maybe she would have come in, but the two were being closely guarded and nobody was getting anywhere near them. I think woman are fine at Gullies but I guess it's best left up to the lady themselves.

As an ex Sukhumvit Freelancer their is the chance that some folk at Gullivers will "know" her, but after a couple of years now of not being in action this is less likely......and certainly not from any Newbies. (hopefully!)

You could be potentially setting up a very embarrassing situation for her and a board member. I think itâ??s a bad idea; some of the guys have been going for years and although its water under the bridge if they nailed her it could still be uncomfortable.

MHO, S1

Archived