A friend in Thai jail

limbo

I don't want to appear as smartarse as I do not have the slightest idea what is going on in that case , but as a general advise : appearing at a Thai court with a beard like this and probably tattoed all over will put the man into a category where the Thai official tends to see him anyway . Only solution from my very limited point of view : change appearance to something like Father Joe or the Virgin Maria and hire the best lawyer in Bangers . But then again he does not seem to have cash and after all he COULD be a criminal .

BuBi

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't want to appear as smartarse as I do not have the slightest idea what is going on in that case , but as a general advise : appearing at a Thai court with a beard like this and probably tattoed all over will put the man into a category where the Thai official tends to see him anyway . Only solution from my very limited point of view : change appearance to something like Father Joe or the Virgin Maria and hire the best lawyer in Bangers . But then again he does not seem to have cash and after all he COULD be a criminal .

BuBi

Bill,

The beard was shaved off the first day in jail afaik. The tattoos he can't rub off though.

He deserves 20 to life with a beard like that

a bit cruel, but you're kind of right...

also...an acquaintance of mine is serving serious time in siem reap prison...he was sentenced (a) because he actually was guilty, but (B) also to set an example. few people visit him there...

No disrespect to you limbo.

But a) I fail to see why this individual should be worthy of any special sympathy just because he is caucasian

From the website:

B) what has his war record got to do with anything?

c) "Crispin is doing well, under extreme conditions"

So he is actually living under the same conditions as are tens of thousand of thai people in jail?

I wonder if the webmaster of his site is suggesting that he should have preferential treatment because he is white?

I`d be more concerned about whether he was actually guilty or not.

cheers

hn

Sad part is this could happen to any of us. It is easy to say whatever you want to say when looking in but if we were inside, looking out, I think we would be saying something different. the Thai prison system does need changes especially when it concerns us (foreigners). Some may argue that we should not be treated any different then Thai people but then most of us can not use a squat toilet let alone eat that which is called food. The caloric intake for a farang is more then for a Thai but farangs do not get more food. Thais, for the most part, have built up immunities to such dieases as Hepatitis A but farangs don't. Shit, I go on and on but for those of us on the outside, who cares?

Archived