New Mex around Nana?

cavanami

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stickman wrote them up last Sunday:

There's a new entrant in town called Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill which can be found in the area of Sukhumvit Road between Soi 12 and Soi 14 in the Leader Price strip mall, next to the Time Square Building.

Cheers,

This is a letter I received from the owner. Its the guys who heads Sunbelt asia in Thailand. Its his restaurant. SOunds nice. Will want to try it out when I get back. Didnt post the pics.

Celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Sunrise Tacos.

May 2nd, 2007

Dear chris,

I'm pleased to announce the opening of my new Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill in Bangkok. If you are in the area of Sukhumvit Road, between Soi 12 and Soi 14, (in the Leader Price Strip mall, next to the Times Square Building) please stop by and say "Hi" and have some of the best authentic Mexican food in Thailand.

Cinco de Mayo commemorates Mexico's victory over the French at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. These days, though, it's also just a great excuse to celebrate Mexico and all things Mexican. Viva! On Saturday, May 5, you can celebrate this emancipation, known as Cinco de Mayo, at Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill.

If you're looking for a little sizzle this Cinco de Mayo, but don't feel like hopping on board a plane to Mexico, then head down the street to Sunrise Tacos Mexican Grill for an unexpected Mexican experience. With Frozen Margarita drink specials, and great menu items, this fiesta is sure to be memorable. Margaritas are only 79 Baht, and bottled beer (Heineken, Kloster and Singha) is only 49 Baht. No hidden costs will ever apply, so you will not have VAT or service charges added to your bill.

Please send an e-mail letting me know you are coming and I'll send you a personal invitation to sample one of our already famous Frozen Margaritas free. We have 5 REAL Margaritas from which to choose! But, what is a real Margarita? Simple. It's one that's made with REAL tequila, REAL triple-sec and REAL limes. No pre-made mix or preservatives are added. Try our Mango Margarita, Pineapple Margarita or an old fashioned classic Lime Margarita. You'll find even other choices such as Blueberry Surprise or Raspberry Delight. All are made with 100% whole fruits and juices. We also have "Virgin" Margaritas available with no alcohol for those that care not to have liquor.

Enjoy traditional Mexican favorites like the Grilled Chicken Tacos for only 39 Baht, a tempting array of other gourmet tacos such as Carnitas, Carne Asada, Barbacoa, Seasoned Ground Beef, or specialties like Grilled Vegetables. All gourmet crispy taco shells are made with 100% freshly ground corn. If you really want to mix things up, try one of more than six sizzling Burrito options, or if you are really hungry, you can get a "Giant" Burrito which weighs ½ kilo (over 18 ounces) for less than 200 Baht.

So plan on coming to share in the celebration and truly enjoy the vivacious Mexican spirit Sunrise has to offer!

Friday May 4th starts our 24 hours Sunrise to Sunrise opening. Our doors will never close, seven days a week. As many of us know, Mexican food tastes so very good after those later night outings.

Delivery begins on May 4th. Our Telephone number is 02-229-4851, or you can fax us on 02-229-4852. Please visit our website at www.sunrisetacos.com and have a look at our complete menu. Our delivery area will include the Sukhumvit, Petchaburi, Rama 4, Rama 9 and Silom areas of the city.

At Sunrise Tacos in Bangkok we believe in fresh, nutritious, high-quality food.

There are no fillers in your food, no shortcuts, and everything is 100% fresh. Only the absolute best quality produce and meats are utilized. At Sunrise you can be assured that you are getting the very best meal. We do not allow cans in our kitchen, no MSG, we will never allow any corn or flour tortilla shells to ever be bought, and no preservatives will be used. Everything MUST be made from scratch. In fact you will often find a staff member rolling out a corn or flour tortilla, and you will smell the aroma of freshly made tortillas.

Tacos, burritos, and satisfying salads are prepared as you watch - you choose exactly what goes into it. You are in fact your own conductor of an orchestra of the freshest flavors. That may mean a little more sour cream or a little less jalapeños. At Sunrise, you will be able to build your version of the perfect taco or burrito. You can eat well and feel good.

We have been honored by some very positive comments about us. Here are some of the reviews that we've received so far from members on Thaivisa.com who have sampled our menu:

"The quality of the food is evident on first bite. Everything tastes fresh. Well done. I'll be back fairly often, at least once a week. "

"I ordered an extra large burrito with ground beef, sour cream and John's Hot sauce - the most spicy one anyway. It was excellent. Actually, I don't think I've ever had Mexican food served in this way before - but anyway, certainly I'm now converted! Everything tasted fresh, wholesome and healthy. Very, very good.

"If I'm in the area and I'm hungry I'll definitely be back. It's the best low(ish) cost eatery I've found in that area. Well done, and I hope you have continued success!!!"

"Had this the other day, it was excellent, as authentic as any I've seen outside the US.

"The carne asada tacos I had were excellent."

"I came in today and had the vegetarian burrito. The flavors were excellent, everything tasted authentic and fresh. "

"I visited Sunrise Tacos on Friday evening. I had the three crispy Tacos Carnitas (129 baht), which were excellent, and as good as any I've had in the U.S. (Lots of Mexican immigrants in my home city, so plenty of Taquireas.)"

"I can honestly say that it is the most authentic tasting Mex I've had in Thailand, not to mention the cheapest."

"Really, a great effort, and good value. Look forward to trying some other menu items."

Why not stop by on May 5th or any other day and see for yourself what everybody is talking about? Free two hour parking is available, and we are only one block away from the Sukhumvit Asoke Skytrain station and MRT Subway Interchange.

I can give you my personal assurance that we will always believe in freshness, and that using high quality products is our responsibility to our customers. The Sunrise team and I want to improve and are constantly striving to develop the way we do things. If you see anything we can expand on, please let me know personally. Thank you.

Greg Lange

Owner of Sunrise Tacos

236/3-4 Sukhumvit Road,

Klongtoey, Bangkok 10110.

02-229-4851 Fax 02-229-4852

email: glange@sunbeltasia.com

It is mostly takeaway service but seating is available. They have a few stools (6?) inside and a few tables/chairs outside but be warned that it gets hotter than hades in the afternoon.

The day I ate there (inside), the A/C didnt seem to be that efficient in spite of an awning that shades the area. I think the owner mentioned that as a known problem.

Anyway, I ate there once and will do so again. Food was good. My only complaint was that the taco and filling crumbled apart as you ate it so it was difficult to eat with your hands as I am used to.

Is this is the strip mall with the grocery store at the back and a travel agent and hair salon on opposite sides of the parking lot?

If so there's a little shack-like Thai restaurant on the left corner as you enter the lot which looks interesting, as well as a coffee stall at the foot of the pedestrian overpass... plenty of good street food in the area as well.

Archived