Tattoo You

bust

I have 2. one is about my work and my life style. The other one is my first trip to LOS. Both were done when sober and not stoned :drunk:

The first one took me about 1 year of thinking and check out different tat shops. Both of them are on my back upper shoulder area. With me meeting the public much I have them hidden,so not to get prejudged by certain groups of people. I don't regret having them. The misses has none and she wants none. She says tattoo on lady not good. plus she says too many on man bad also.

Never put a ladies name on your body. Bad luck jinix. Your kids name yes or do a r.i.p. tattoo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So does anyone have a storey behind a tattoo worth telling? I am thinking of getting some scripture which will have personal significance to me. Never tattooed not even a piercing so I want to be 100% sure.

The truth is I've got Fanny Cradock on my right shoulder and Johnnie Craddock on my left shoulder.

Who???

Are they some sort of British TV celebrity chefs, like Ainslie Harriott???

:dunno:

They obviously haven't made it to cable TV in LOS yet.

Enlighten me, Munch!

The truth is I've got Fanny Cradock on my right shoulder and Johnnie Craddock on my left shoulder.

Who???

Are they some sort of British TV celebrity chefs, like Ainslie Harriott???

:dunno:

They obviously haven't made it to cable TV in LOS yet.

Enlighten me, Munch!

Yep, Fanny Cradock was a popular TV chef on the BBC from the late 50's to early 70's. She co-hosted her shows with her hubby Johnnie.

This is how Fanny met her demise:

In 1976, Devon housewife Gwen Troake won a competition called "Cook of the Realm", the prize being to organise a banquet to be attended by Edward Heath, Earl Mountbatten of Burma and other VIPs. The BBC filmed the result as part of a series called The Big Time, and asked Fanny Cradock to act as one of a number of experts giving Troake advice on her menu. The result would bring about the end of Fanny Cradock's TV career. Mrs Troake went through her menu of Seafood Cocktail, Duckling with bramble sauce and Coffee Cream dessert. Fanny told her that her menu was too rich, and while accepting that her dessert was delicious, insisted it was not suitable, declaring: "You're among professionals now". She grimaced, acted as if on the verge of retching, and pretended not to know what a bramble was. She suggested that Troake use a small pastry boat filled with cream and covered with spun sugar. It was completed by an orange slice and a cherry through a cocktail stick, giving the dish the look of a small boat, which Fanny thought was quite suitable for the naval guests.

In the event, the pudding was a disaster and couldn't be served properly. Robert Morley had also been consulted on the menu and had said that he felt Troake's original coffee pudding was perfect. However, so insistent was Cradock that she won. When the pudding failed to impress, the public were annoyed that Cradock had seemingly ruined a potential success for the Devon housewife. Coupled with the rude manner in which Fanny had spoken to Troake, the public demanded her shows be axed from the BBC. Fanny wrote a letter of apology to Troake but the BBC terminated her contract just two weeks after the programme was broadcast. She would never present a cookery programme again."

Fascinating stuff eh :smirk:

Do you also know that before her demise over the infamous 'coffee cream desert' incident, she was approached by an American TV network with a view of taking her show, along with Johnnie, to the States.

She turned them down after they explained that because Fanny was a term used for your arse in America she would have to change her name to Minge Craddock in keeping with her Brit image.

Archived