Tattoo You

bust

For those who have them and those who are thinking of getting one, what do you consider the right and wrong reasons for getting a tattoo? And yes I know most get them in a drunken loss of brain activity.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't have any and am not planning on getting any.

Some tattoos I like to look at as they are artwork.

Reason(s) to get a tattoo...

- your in the mafia (yakusa, in Japan)

- you can't remember your wife/GF's name

- you want to piss off your wife/GF, so you get a tattoo of your wife/GF's sister/friend's name

- you just joined the Hell's Angels

- you lost a bet

If Nicole Kidman, Angelina Jolie and Maria Sharapova walked into my office at this moment naked and begged me to fuck them, I would of course. However if I saw a tatto on any of them, they would be straight out the door carrying their clothes with a smack on the arse from me.

Tattoo's on a woman are a complete turn off, they may as well have a 9 inch dick sticking out of their foreheads.

I have two huge and very colored japonese-style Kois (carps) tattoos on each arm, covering the shoulders and the arms till the elbows, a la Yakusa, done by a well-known french "artist" who often goes to Japan to tattoo gang members.

It's my mark.

In Brasil, and especially in Rio de Janeiro where huge colored tatoos are very very trendy, girls love them (yet I have a latino looks and a very tanned skin, and don't look like your average gringo). It also seems to fascinate many women in Romania and Moldova.

In summary, you should do it if you feel like it. You will feel good and women love men who are not afraid to appear "different".

;):cool:

Reason(s) to get a tattoo...

Beach culture is also one of the reasons.

In Rio de Janeiro, if you stroll around Copacabana, Ipanema, Leblon or Barra on a sunny weekend when more than 4 millions cariocas congregate at the beach, you will not see more than a handful of people WITHOUT tattoos, and it will mainly be gringos.

It's pretty much the same on the 5000 kms of the brasilian coast.

Even President Lula has a tattoo.

:)

I have one, but it's a small and discreet one on the side of my shoulder at the top of my arm.

That way I can hide it when I need to. (Not that I ever feel the need to display it either).

I got it after thinking long and hard about it. Do I regret it? Not at all - especially as its in a spot where I don't actually see it that much (as I don't wear singlet tops) and I quite often forget I even have one, as weird as that may sound.

The trouble with tatts, IMHO, is that the older you get, the worse they look. Especially as the skin gets drier and more wrinkly with age.

They are definitely either a turn-on or a turn-off for most people.

I definitely shy away from girls with tatts - especially in Thailand. I *HATE* tattoos on girl's stomachs. What do they think it's going to look like in 10, 15, 20 or 30 years? Yuck...

Go up to Isaan in the year 2040 and have a look at the number of old, clapped-out women sitting on the porch sporting a saggy, clapped-out tattoo.

In the bar scene amongst the girls its obviously the "trendy" thing to do now - get a tat.

Compared to even a couple of years ago, the number of girls in bars with tattoos is phenominal. Probably more with than without in most gogos.

I know I probably shouldn't give a shit, but its hard enough to walk down the street with an Asian girl without people giving you the death stares, but as soon as you walk down the street with a girl who is displaying tatts, it just screams "hooker" to most people. Justified or not, it's true.

Still, each to their own. I'd never chastise someone for getting one, or judge someone or look down on them as an "insecure lower-class person who needs an ego boost so I'll get a tattoo". You have to think of the pros and cons and the reasons and the consequences for getting one long and hard before you actually do. Many people regret the decision later.

Guest lazyphil

my dad came out of 20 years in the navy/submariner without a tatt :thumbup: .....i on the other hand have 2 done while drunk in phuket--love hate relationship with them :spank::yikes::spank::cool::(:drunk::clown: (swordfish on left upper arm, panther on the other upper arm)

mrs has one, a very small one i bought her with my name and a heart :D

Archived