Beer Lao

Donut

Last summer I had the luck to find Beer Lao (not Leo!!!)- a truly delicious beer - in the Morning/Night bar. What is the situation now? Is it widely available throughout BKK or...? Since Carlsberg withdrew I have had a hard time finding a pilsner style replacement.

Thanks, Donut - 27 days to go...and counting

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree that it is a great beer and easily my favourite of all the beers available in Bangkok.

Beer Lao is still only available in a small number of venues. Off the top of my head, in Nana, Big Mango and Angelwitch have it. Other venues may, but not too many.

I think Bully's has it as do a few other spots in Soi 4.

Down at Cowboy, Tony's has it.

Thanks Stick, that was a quick reply. I "discovered" Beer Lao about 10 years ago at a riverfront bar in Vientiane. The sun setting in the Mekhong and cool Beer Lao draught really was a great experiece...

/D

I took these crappy pictures as I was passing by in a Taxi...but this is the source!! I remember a few years back, they only had Beer Lao...not sure they

brew other brands, or just distribute...

BeerLao22007-02-16_01-44-56-a.jpg

BeerLao2007-02-16_01-44-46-b.jpg

Another delivery to Nervous Dog...

BeerLao12007-02-16_01-41-41-a.jpg

That's what I am talking about! Beautiful scenery and great atmosphere in the bars lining the river on the Lao side. And the prices... I think it was 30 THB for 2 liters- but this was then- haven't been back since 2001. Thank you fo rthe picture, Iit brought back memories! :thumbup:

/D

What, Torre?

The beer or the country???

Assume you meant the beer - the country is beautiful. Quiet as fuck... but still a lovely place to relax for a couple of days. :sleeping: :thumbup:

Get some Klosters in your "cashier's seat" for me too, will ya? See ya tonight! :beer:

Archived