Opera TOR

coops

Using Torpark is probably illegal in Thailand...

NO - it isn't (quite apart from the rather obvious one of how anyone could tell or trace you).

Even if it was, so what.

I also occasionally break speed limits. What a rebel i am ;)

But seriously..... Bangkok Post did raise this point to the relevant minister and was reassured it isn't illegal to use it.

I agree with so what but

Two weeks ago, Thailandâ??s military-appointed assembly ratified a new cybercrime law by a vote of 119-1. This was, in fact, the first law passed by the coup governmentt. All its â??crimesâ?? were already adequately enforced by existing Thai law. The lawâ??s early drafts included the death penalty and life imprisonment but these were dropped to â??onlyâ? 20 years in the final version.

Although the cybercrime law never refers to censorship, its provisions have been drafted in such a way as to criminalise everyday computer users. Computer users can now be charged for simply viewing any Website hosting content deemed to be â??illegal, offensive or obsceneâ? whether or not it has been blocked by government.

Use of circumvention software or anonymous proxies is considered to be â??illegal instructionsâ? (same legal weight as viruses, for example); concealing oneâ??s IP address by these or other means carries penalties of two and four years.

Link

I agree with so what but

Use of circumvention software or anonymous proxies is considered to be â??illegal instructionsâ? (same legal weight as viruses, for example); concealing oneâ??s IP address by these or other means carries penalties of two and four years.

Link

Blimey.... oh, well.

Ahem, obviously I don't reallyuse such illegal software, ever, at all, at all - just heard about it from a friend. ;-)

coops

Archived